Great discussion in Hospital Recovery

As I write this I am in the hospital after having back surgery this morning. In the recovery area where they held me for hours while waiting for a room I had a really neat discussion with a nurse that was taking care of me are working on a computer next to my bed. We talked about all sorts of things from the California fires, where weve lived etc at one point she checked my incision and noticed my tan. I said yeah I like getting a tan and rarely wear clothes at home. She said, yeah, I get home and just have to get out of the clothes, esp if Ive been working. The conversation cont and I told her how I/we loved going to Laguna Del Sol and she had never heard of it or places like it and started Ask questions In the end I gave her the web site URL and other info and she said she will definitely be checking it out. Very cool to have a conversation like that.

This topic was edited
RE:Great discussion in Hospital Recovery

Were you wearing a gown or just covered with a sheet?

This post was edited

Interesting. Makes one wonder how many people enjoy home nudity (whether occasionally or more) and haven't considered broadening their experience simply because they haven't benefitted from a discussion with someone who *has* done so. Even if the nurse you spoke to never visits a resort, the conversation you shared helps spread the message that nudists are normal people and nudism is worth considering. Good job! And best wishes for a speedy recovery -- back surgery = no fun :(

This post was edited

As I write this I am in the hospital after having back surgery this morning. In the recovery area where they held me for hours while waiting for a room I had a really neat discussion with a nurse that was taking care of me are working on a computer next to my bed. We talked about all sorts of things from the California fires, where weve lived etc at one point she checked my incision and noticed my tan. I said yeah I like getting a tan and rarely wear clothes at home. She said, yeah, I get home and just have to get out of the clothes, esp if Ive been working. The conversation cont and I told her how I/we loved going to Laguna Del Sol and she had never heard of it or places like it and started Ask questions In the end I gave her the web site URL and other info and she said she will definitely be checking it out. Very cool to have a conversation like that.

We've had similar conversations with people; doctors, nurses, med techs, my esthetician, friends and various other acquaintances that either spend time naked at home or are somewhat home nudists but have no idea of the resorts, clubs and beaches or nude opportunities out there. They've all heard of "nudist colonies" but figured they were all gone with the hippy days. Little did they know that there are still some doing well and that opportunities are not only plentiful but usually quite local and accessible. Good on you to share that info with your nurse!

This post was edited

Seems I'm not the only one checking in and out of the shop for repair. Hope your back surgery isn't a major one. You prolly have rehab after that and which I found equally painful. No offense to the rehab professionals here but I swear you went thru a college course of how to show no mercy :D I had a back fusion 6 yrs ago and laid flat on my back near 20 hours a day for 3 weeks so I feel where your at Andy. Wish you the best !

This post was edited

I have only been in the hospital once, 38 years ago, long before I got interested in being nude, even for sleeping.
I had three different roommates the 4 days I was there.
When it was time to sleep, the second one said that he hadn't worn anything to bed in many years and wasn't going to do so because he was in the hospital and took his gown off.
The other two roommates did even stranger things.
The first was being evaluated to see if he needed to be committed to mental hospital. He didn't, but was still on the strange side.
The third one smoked when he was on oxygen. While smoking was permitted in the hospital, it wasn't in rooms with oxygen.

This post was edited

It's great that you recommended Laguna del Sol, I have visited there and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thanks for sharing.

This post was edited

FullSun wrote:

I told her how I/we loved going to Laguna Del Sol and she had never heard of it or places like it and started Ask questions In the end I gave her the web site URL and other info and she said she will definitely be checking it out. Very cool to have a conversation like that.

Did you tell her about the River Dippers? She might warm up to smaller groups.

This post was edited

I had a similar conversation with a doc that checked out my fractured arm about soaking nude in a hot tub. He admitted to doing it even in view of the neighbors

This post was edited

woodsman21 wrote:Did you tell her about the River Dippers? She might warm up to smaller groups.

I did get a chance but she was excited about the idea of a resort where she could stay and there were a lot of opportunities and space to find what she enjoys.

As an update, Im home now. Amazingly Ive only had to take a couple Tylenol a couple times since the surgery. My left leg is also significantly stronger and stable than it was before the surgery. It was about 3 hours and the surgeon said he took out two different things impacting the nerve. One was a nickel sized calcified cyst or piece of disc that was in the spinal channel and impacting the nerve. He said no wonder Ive been having such trouble. But he also reminded me I have a lot of other back issues and if Im not careful Ill be seeing him again soon.

This post was edited

I had a fusion at the 5th 6th they took a bone from my hip I got to go commando and bottomless till the stitches healed up

This post was edited