Reading pace.

How many books do you read a year? I keep a running total book author pages and date finished. We are 8n the 38th week and I am on my 38th book. So on pace for 52 this year

This topic was edited
RE:Reading pace.

Currently I'm am reading about one or two books a month. I keep meaning to read more and spend less time online.

This post was edited

Mrs Southern will usually read one every 4 - 5 days, while I take about 10 days to two weeks to read one. We read every day though, so she may complete 75 in a year while I complete about 30. We read numerous genres, so someone seeing our reading list would have a hard time figuring out what we like best.

This post was edited

my reading genre also is all over the place. from thriller military to true travel stories to interesting people and little known events. My reading list goes back to 1977 which was high school days. It is fun to look back and watch how it has evolved and when i discovered an author.

From lots of sci fi as a teen to deeper books now with the occasional fanciful escape.

This post was edited

I don't really keep track, and some books take longer than others. I've read some light cozy mysteries this year that only took a couple of days to get through, and some weighty history tomes that I can manage about ten pages per day, with plenty in between.

This post was edited

My Pace has been slowed down by a couple of books for my book club that I just couldn't get into. Little Fires Everywhere and My Brilliant Friend were like reading and assigned book for a high school book report. Painful for me. I think the authors have a mental illness and passed it on to their characters!

This post was edited

I was an extremely slow reader growing up. I think I would have been diagnosed as ADHD if there was such a thing back then.
I was never patient enough.
When I did it was in spurts, only a dozen or two in my first 60 years.
My nudism curiosity had me researching kindle.
In the past 4 years I've read everything on kindle I know of with a nudist or naturist theme.
25 - 30 so far maybe more.
It still goes in spurts, usually when I find TN getting boring for lack of interesting topics.

This post was edited

Same, I read a book a week (52 a year), it's an escape of the mind

This post was edited

did you try a suspense book, thriller genre. There are lives that you take on from the front lines

This post was edited

I do!
In my past, that is the only type of book I would read.
It needs to capture my interest right out of the gate.
I've been reluctant to plow through boring chapters at the beginning of a book and just put them down and move on to something else if there wasn't enough energy or excitement.
I liked Tom Clancy's early books as I could relate well with them due to my military background.

This post was edited

Ironically, the pandemic has slowed me down. The lack of a reliable income has forced me to spend more time pursuing freelance gigs and learning new skill sets, which leaves me less time for reading. The book I am currently on, and the previous, have both been about the Java programming language, which is one of the new career skills I am working on.

This post was edited