Tsunami off Japan's coast

Horrific pictures on the news today of the tsunami following an 8.9 earthquake off the coast. I hope all our Japanese friends are safe & well.

This topic was edited
Tsunami/Earthquake

I nkow... what is going on with our planet at the moment??

This post was edited
RE: Tsunami/Earthquake

I nkow... what is going on with our planet at the moment??
The upcoming Super Moon is what's going on...
If you read all of the article, it's the astrologers that are spreading doom over this as astrology connects astronomy and mystical events. The 'real' scientists say that even though it's a full moon at it's closest to our earth the effects on our gravity and tides will be minimal. It's the low tides that cause a loss of pressure on the tectonic plates that can cause earthquakes but not in this case.

My post was meant to show concern for our Japanese friends here, not for others to spread doom about a supposed upcoming event!

This post was edited

Here Here Tony J.
This aint about some quack prediction for weeks from now, it is about the reality of our situation now.
My best wishes for all our friends who may be experiencing hardship over there today.
We have a tsunami warning here this morning too, so I hope the folks on the west coast of this island are getting to higher ground now.

This post was edited

Just woke up and read the news, my thoughts and prayers are with all in Japan. And Hawaii. And all in the pacific basin. Tsunami waves traveling at the speed of 500mph. The devestation in Japan is absolutely horrific. For what little good or comfort it brings - my thoughts, prayers and good wishes are with all in Japan and everyone in the path of the Tsunamis.

Jen

This post was edited

I would like to add my thoughts and prayers to everyone impacted by this horrendous earthquake and tsunami.

This post was edited

Just woke up and read the news, my thoughts and prayers are with all in Japan. And Hawaii. And all in the pacific basin. Tsunami waves traveling at the speed of 500mph. The devestation in Japan is absolutely horrific. For what little good or comfort it brings - my thoughts, prayers and good wishes are with all in Japan and everyone in the path of the Tsunamis
What can I say, except "ditto" ?
The Tsunami has hit Hawaii now, and appears to be a non-event.

This post was edited

Same here - my thoughts and prayers are with all the people affected. the wall of water that hit Japan was about 30 feet high. Reports onthe raido calim 200-300 bodies have been found in one village ont he coast, and that a passanger train has gone missing. The casualty count will go higher. As many of us stated after the New Zealand quake, the buildings and material things can be replaced, the poeple lost can't.

This post was edited

Having lived for several years in Japan, and experienced hundreds of quakes, I understand the fear going through people's minds as a quake hits, and knowing that there will be many aftershocks. However, it's the tsunami that is the most deadly, and from what I've seen from the news agencies in Japan, thousands may have been killed.
I hope and pray that my friends in Japan have come through this safely.

This post was edited

The Tsunami actually did damage as far as Santa Cruz. Just been watching footage of boats in the harbor capsizing or drifting out to sea.
According to ABC, that's the ONLY damage this side of and including Hawaii that they could find !

This post was edited

strange whether indeed around the globe maybe too much black blood has been sucked out of the planet.

This post was edited