Daylight Savings Time - most of the US

Just a quick reminder that on Sunday morning, those of us in the US whose states passed the decision to change to Daylight Savings Time, we need to move our clocks back by 2am on Sunday. Just turn them back before your turn in on Saturday night.

I wish South Carolina would either keep it on Daylight Savings time or standard. I hate losing an hour of sleep each spring.

This topic was edited
Daylight savings time

High noon at my location is 12:40 pm. When we go to DST, it is 01:40 pm
I work in Electrical Construction.(heavy industrial). We work usually 4-10 hours shifts/ per week. Starting time is 07:00 am. Some travelling can be involved, so some times I wake up at 4 am. 4am is actually 9 hours and 40 minutes before 'High Noon' when we are on DST !!!
They can GET RID OF IT, as far as I am concerned. It plays HAVOC with my system. Not just me, either. Within a few days after DST, management tries to pull a 'stunt'. This leads to involvement by the Union Steward, low morale, low productivity, etc.

This post was edited
RE: remind to change the clock forward of Daylight Saving.

There are very good reasons some agencies ALWAYS specify Standard Time, regardless whether
some democrat congresscritter had some constituent ( who happen to manufacture charcoal grills )
make a major campaign contribution.

This post was edited
RE: remind to change the clock forward of Daylight Saving.

The time changes are a huge waste of everyone's time and are outmoded. It is time the governments took a look at this insane law and repealed it. More and more areas are now getting rid of this foolishness, an exercise in buraucracy only. It serves no purpose, it benefits nobody, and it throws off everybodies intenal rhythms.
It was originally brought in to somehow benefit farmers?
they dont like it either!

This post was edited
RE: Daylight Savings Time - most of the US

I don't like "losing" the hour sleep for one night, but I do love the longer evenings that result from "springing forward" and those go on for many more months, not just a day, so it's a good trade.

This post was edited
RE: Daylight Savings Time - most of the US

dubya's moving daylight savings time up didn't really make any sense either. you still pretty much have the same amount of daylight, what difference ifthe extra hour of light is at the end or begining of the day. btw, does ariz. recognize martin luthe rking day yet?

This post was edited
RE: re Daylight Savings

I would rather turn mine forward...Spring Ahead, Fall Back....

Many complain about too much government involvement but I personally like the way that they store an hour of sunlight each day,all winter, then,release it when the weather is better for sunbathing.
How do they do that?

This post was edited

Brought in during WWI due to High cost of electricity and what would be, by modern day standards, crude lighting Incandescent Lamps.
What I don't understand is that we Go On DST in the spring. June 21 in Alberta will give you daylight from 5am to 10pm. 17 hours. What do we need DST for?

This post was edited

I would rather turn mine forward...Spring Ahead, Fall Back....

Many complain about too much government involvement but I personally like the way that they store an hour of sunlight each day,all winter, then,release it when the weather is better for sunbathing.
How do they do that?

LOL! Mac, that is funny...

Jen

This post was edited