Finally there is a Naturist Symbol !

With the Naturist Symbol we can recognize each other, even if we have to wear clothes!

The website www.naturistsymbol.org explains all about the history of this symbol and offers free download.

This topic was edited
RE:Finally there is a Naturist Symbol !

Thank you for sharing this with everyone. It's simple yet very direct. I'll help spread the word.

This post was edited

There's something to be said for symbols, as long as they're not mandated by government or intended to piss people off. I use a very subtle symbol on my coats: a safety pin. It's a symbol of my support for women who feel threatened by other men and need someone on their side. It lets them know that they're safe with me, and that they've got a champion if they need one.

In fact, I think we may need a safety pin symbol for nudism, to let women know that our intentions are good, and that we're there if they feel that other men are acting inappropriately toward them. The problem is that we've got no place to put it (excepts our masks, during the COVID pandemic). Maybe I'll start wearing one on a neck chain. I have no desire to pierce any part of my anatomy at the moment.

This post was edited

As a symbol its not obviously naturist.

But a naturist symbol would be handy in a great number of ways. If it were on maps for instance it would be fairly obvious where the beaches and resorts are.

This post was edited

You think its a badge to identify you as a naturist?

Much like a hat that says what football team you support?

I get that some dont like labels. Sometimes they are quite handy though.

This post was edited

Relying on a symbol to show that you're not a creep or a misogynist probably unfairly characterizes all men as bad and might actually make the situation worse by causing people to be uncomfortable around anyone who's not wearing a symbol. Which is silly, since most folks have probably never heard of the safety pin thing (as an example).This is part of why I disagree with symbols for these purposes... they bring about division, not unity. Fear and distrust of the other who does not comply. It insinuates that this is to be some sort of underground movement dependent on secret signs... what's next? A handshake and a cant? This is silly.

Codebare, your logic seems very extremist. You're saying it's either all or nothing. Using your logic for example is, if you do not have a cop badge or have a symbol of a cop/police you're a bad person or criminal. That does not make any sense to me. So with your logic we should get ride of police badges or symbols on a police car since all other cars have criminals in them? Life is not that black and white. Adding one thing, such as this symbol, does not take away from anything else. It is just adding another resource to make things easily identifiable.

In the same idea, will someone try to take advantage of this system? Possibly, but that should not deter us from celebrating and living in our truth. We just have to educate ourselves and each other, and take each person/situation on an individual basis instead of accepting them blindly.

This post was edited

CodeBare wrote:

Relying on a symbol to show that you're not a creep or a misogynist probably unfairly characterizes all men as bad and might actually make the situation worse by causing people to be uncomfortable around anyone who's not wearing a symbol. Which is silly, since most folks have probably never heard of the safety pin thing (as an example).

I'm surprised you haven't hear about the safety pin thing. It's been around for about four years now. It's not meant to be a secret symbol. It's supposed to be one that everybody should know about. I don't know anybody who was offended by my wearing it, even when I explained it to them. I was happy that they asked what it was, because it was a means of helping to raise their consciousness about the issue.

And it's not at all like wearing a swastika armband. The people who wear those do it to deliberately be in your face about it. They're proclaiming that they're part of a movement that doesn't give a f*ck about you if you're not in line with their views.

This post was edited

I like the symbol. The sun is warm and inviting and the gentle bum/sand dune contours are subtle but cute. The symbol won't change the world but I think it will be useful to some extent. I think it will inform people rather than cause division. To be clear, I am a "function over form", utility-over-appearance kind of guy, but branding has its place. With regard to being "meaningless" I would counter that, in isolation, one might say the Amazon symbol is meaningless. And it can be, to those who've never had exposure to Amazon. But in little time, people quickly come to associate Amazon's symbol with Amazon itself. It will take time but if the naturist symbol is used to help identify nude beaches etc. it will come to be understood by some portion of the population and I see no harm in that at all.

This post was edited

To be more distinctive, perhaps it should have a stick figure throwing off a shirt. The gist would be more obvious at first sight.

This post was edited

Thank you for sharing your view.

The purpose of the naturist symbol is to recognize each other. Because we still live in a world where we are supposed to cover up all the time. If you like to know more about the reasons of this symbol, take a look at the website www.naturistsymbol.org

This post was edited

Is there stickers and items for sale with it? Didn't see any reference in anybody's comments.

This post was edited