RE:Finally there is a Naturist Symbol !

To be more distinctive, perhaps it should have a stick figure throwing off a shirt. The gist would be more obvious at first sight.

The symbol does not try to depict naturism in any way, so it is safe to use all over the world. See www.naturistsymbol.org/faq

This post was edited

That's an excellent point. I can put the sticker anywhere, on anything, and nobody is likely to be offended, and I won't run afoul of any laws that happen to be where I'm going.

This post was edited

That's an excellent point. I can put the sticker anywhere, on anything, and nobody is likely to be offended, and I won't run afoul of any laws that happen to be where I'm going.

Exactly!

We created accounts on all major social media with the name "naturistsymbol". You can show your support by liking, following, sharing those accounts. And even better, if you add the symbol to your avatars, profile headers and social media posts! Only if we all use it, it will become THE naturist symbol in the entire world.

This post was edited

And even better, if you add the symbol to your avatars.

Done.

This post was edited

Hope nobody paid for it.

This post was edited

Hope nobody paid for it.

What is your point?

This post was edited

Hope nobody paid for it.

Seems to use Creative Commons, so no, no one paid for it.

This post was edited

If no one paid for it then no one owns it then no one can control its use.

I could print it on 50 t-shirts then sell them to a shop.

The shop will sell them on, a naturist might recognise the design and buy one with the view that it would identify them as a kindred spirit to other naturist. The symbol would have done its intended job.

Unfortunately the other 49 shirts were bought by people just looking for a t-shirt making the symbol meaningless.

This post was edited

StevieLorna wrote:

If no one paid for it then no one owns it then no one can control its use.

Um, the website owned by the creator of the symbol is quite clear about its use. From the web site:

The symbol below has been released for all to use to represent their affiliation with Naturism. I maintain rights as the creator of the symbol. However, you are free to use it in any way you please.If you choose to make a new version of it, you will need to indicate that you have created a derivative of my work. By creating a new derivative, you are also agreeing to allow others to derive new work from your version, and so on.You do not need to cite credit to me to simply use it online in your social media profiles, websites, etc. You do not need to ask for permission to create a t-shirt or a hat or other items, even if you will be selling those items to others. You can super-impose the symbol on your photos. You can combine it with the logo for your club or business.But if there is any question as to where the symbol originated, that is with me.Team Naturist Logo by Jacob Braun is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0

So the creator retains the rights to his creation, but allows others to use it without charge. It's similar to the "copyleft" concept in published works, where the creator sets no limits on distribution, but prohibits others from claiming the work as their own and copyrighting it.

This post was edited

I did not know that Woodsman, thank you. I was just reacting to the previous posts.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy