Anyone here use an epilator on their pubes?

I've decided to buy an epilator since they are fairly inexpensive and supposedly give smooth, long lasting results as waxing. I've tried it on my pubes today and was able to get most of the hair epilated, with the exception of some that are still too short and need time to grow. And there's some spots near the penis shaft that's far too painful to epilate. So since I got around 85% of the hair, I figured I'd take a break. But wow, it was painful and don't know if I can do this regularly.

Anyone here regularly epilate their pubes? If so, does it get easier and less painful with time?

This topic was edited
RE:Anyone here use an epilator on their pubes?

I've decided to buy an epilator since they are fairly inexpensive and supposedly give smooth, long lasting results as waxing. I've tried it on my pubes today and was able to get most of the hair epilated, with the exception of some that are still too short and need time to grow. And there's some spots near the penis shaft that's far too painful to epilate. So since I got around 85% of the hair, I figured I'd take a break. But wow, it was painful and don't know if I can do this regularly.Anyone here regularly epilate their pubes? If so, does it get easier and less painful with time?

Ouch! Never tried that. I epilate selectively by yanking out the long ones by wearing a rubber glove. As I go it seems the hairs come out with less resistance, and of course I can vary how hard I pull. I leave the ones too short to grip so the hair blends with the rest of my body hair. Perhaps use tweezers to get the last few short ones if you wish.

This post was edited

Yeah maybe I might have to go get a Brazilian wax a few times first to help weaken the hair follicles and thin out the hair. Right now, my pubes are very course, making it harder and more painful to epilate. Sure, waxing is still painful, but its quicker and pulls out multiple hairs at once as opposed to epilators that tweezed hairs one at a time.

I got my underarms waxed a few times and because of that, epilating my underarms is near painless now. So maybe it might help make the pubes painless as well.

This post was edited

That hurts I've tried,I've done 1 session of laser on my underarms and start my pubic region next visit.So far laser has been effective little hair regrowth and the ones that have regrown are lighter and softer

That's the thing. At least with laser, it's worth the pain as it's permanent. Same with tattoos. But with waxing or even epilating, it's temporary, so it's continuous pain (and expense) you have to go through. I wish I could go for laser, but right now I'm single and would prefer not to have anything like that done permanently. I would like to be flexible should my future significant other have a preference. If I meet a girl one day and get married and she is 100% for having my pubes gone forever, then I will DEFINITELY get it lasered. Until then, I'd like to keep my options open... though I've never liked having pubes and always preferred keeping it shaved. So getting lasered right now does seem very tempting. Especially since my past girlfriends have never really cared or batted an eye when they saw that I shaved and a couple of them even complimented how they liked it better. So I can't imagine laser hair removal causing issues with any girl I meet, but just to be safe, I prefer to keep the options open.

This post was edited

Just be aware that the laser treatment does not play well with darker skin tones and can lead to tanning weirdness to boot, if you tan a lot.

It also doesn't work well with lighter hair colors. You need light skin color (no tan) and dark hair for the best results.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

What about electrolysis? Is that better than laser?

This post was edited

Will these dumb a*s pube threads ever end ??

This post was edited

Have never used an epilator on my pubes, i just shave everything so its all smooth. But I do know that using one slowly damages the hair follicles every use. Prolonged use will eventually stop hair growth. Out of curiosity how does it feel, using an epilator?

This post was edited

Have never used an epilator on my pubes, i just shave everything so its all smooth. But I do know that using one slowly damages the hair follicles every use. Prolonged use will eventually stop hair growth. Out of curiosity how does it feel, using an epilator?

The mons pubis area was painful at first, but started becoming tolerable as I kept going. So I imagine that will just get easier as the hair follicles weaken and the hair that grows back is thinner. The area near and on the penis shaft was just downright unbearable! I had to stop when I reached that part because it just hurt so bad. Even plucking them one by one with tweezers hurt really badly. The thing is, the skin in that area is so thin and soft, so it's very painful. So I just shaved that area. Since I don't have as much hair in that area, I guess I can live with shaving that part every few days or so.

Having said that, I'm still hairless down there after that first epilation, which was over a week ago. So results are definitely much longer lasting than shaving. So lets see if I'll have the courage to try again when the hair grows back and see if it's less painful than the first time.

This post was edited

my question was answered without a comprehensive response. The ever going pubic thing just maybe here forever even though there are thousands of previous posts and threads on just do a simple search. As Bugs Bunny said many times.... What a Nimrod

This post was edited

my question was answered without a comprehensive response. The ever going pubic thing just maybe here forever even though there are thousands of previous posts and threads on just do a simple search. As Bugs Bunny said many times.... What a Nimrod

Pubic hair is out of style. It's not considered normal to have pubic hair in this day and age. :D

This post was edited