RE: Do What Makes You Comfortable

So, how did it go? Did you screw up on the etiquette and did anybody get upset over your "haircut"? lol...Enquiring minds want to know. :)

This post was edited

So, how did it go? Did you screw up on the etiquette and did anybody get upset over your "haircut"? lol...Enquiring minds want to know. :)

LOL...no it didn't present any difficulties. No one mentioned it that I ran into so it was pretty much the non-issue that many advised it would be. Actually my first experience was a lot like I had been led to expect. Pretty much no one even seems to notice the fact everyone is nude. I was actually impressed how much eye contact you get in a social nude situation. Much different than at least I often experience in the textile world.

This post was edited

lol...Well I'm glad to hear that it went well! I had many of the same fears as you did when I went to my first beach and like you was pleasantly surprised. It's kind of like you are on an equal footing with everybody, which I really appreciate.

This post was edited

This is a bit embarrassing...but I really don't recall the grooming habits of others at the club...call me oblivious...

This post was edited

I am not sure if this is typical of clothing optional beaches but I noticed that at Haulover Beach there are quite a few people who have little to no pubic hair on the bodies. I do not shave myself since I tried that once and when the hair starting growing back, I got very itchy and had to keep excusing myself to go to the restroom since the itchiness was not allowing me to focus on work.
As you already mentioned, it was a non-issue for you so I am glad that things worked out for you.

This post was edited
RE: To remove or not to remove?

It's just a personal choice.It shouldn't matter anymore than if you have a mustache, beard, or none. I remember some years ago, shaving was considered unacceptable in some social nudist clubs,but I don't think anyone cares anymore. Just chose what is comfortable for you.

This post was edited
To shave or not

Purely personal decision. I choose to trim closely rather than shave- mainly for hygiene and aesthetic reasons. Shaving causes a bit of an itch when it regrows.

To each their own- that's sort of part of the nudist philosophy.

This post was edited

It should be personal choice. End of.

This post was edited
RE: To remove or not to remove?

Naturally shaving is a personal choice, whether you are shaving your armpits, your chin or your groin. The second comment is entirely wrong as nudists do look at one's pubic area, although they may look a lot less than a textile would because: they've seen a lot of it before, and because it would be rude to stare.
https://www.naktiv.net/opinion.html
To me shaving your pubic area is a personal decision. As nudists we do not look at (we may see but dont directly look at) a person's pubic area.

This post was edited
Hair

I'm waxed completely & I love it, alot of other nudists I know are too!!

This post was edited