To remove or not to remove?

Ive only recently become interested in nude recreation and am very new to this site so hopefully Im posting this in the correct forum. Next month I will be experiencing my first nude recreation outing and after perusing some of the photographs here and on other nudist sites, Ive noticed that most of the guys and gals sport pubic hair. When I underwent a vasectomy in my late thirties, I was instructed to completely shave for hygienic purposes and this was my very first experience with it. I actually found that I much preferred the feel of it over having hair in that area and so I have since kept myself hairless. Now having viewed the aforementioned photographs of other practicing nudists, I was curious if this is acceptable for men from an etiquette perspective as far as attending public nudist functions or is having hair there a part of being natural? Or does this make some kind of statement that Im not looking to make? I welcome the comments of any here who would be kind enough to offer their opinion.

This topic was edited
RE: To remove or not to remove?

LOL, I hope I'm not making a statement! I'm shaved smooth because it feels great, and my wife likes it alot.

This post was edited
To remove or not to remove?

To me shaving your pubic area is a personal decision. As nudists we do not look at (we may see but dont directly look at) a person's pubic area. I know a lot of men that are smooth (there is actually a group for smoothies) while some are not.

Personally I am not. Years ago I did shave my pubic hair just to see what it would be like. It itched so much when it grew back I decided not to do it again.

So it really is your own personal preference and not the concern of anyone else.

This post was edited

As the others have said, it is a personal choice. This subject has also come up in the chat room and seen a fair balance of smooth, shaved, and trimmed responses. I tried shaved years ago and didn't like the hassel of keeping it and it bothered me so much growing back that I won't do it again.

This post was edited
Re: To remove or not to remove

As has been already said, "It is a personal choice whether to shave your pubic area. There are many nudists, including myself, who shave pubic area. I like the feel of being smooth. "Smooth" is the vernacular for shaving pubic area. There is a group within True Nudists, that is called "Smooth Nudists." There are 451 members of that smooth group.

This post was edited

Thanks to everyone who took the time to post an opinion and your comments were very helpful. I'm anticipating making my first visit to a resort in the next few days and I admit I'm a little worried over not doing anything that violates etiquette as social nudity is pretty much a complete unknown for me at this point. At least I won't be worried about this issue any longer and it seems the moral of all this is just to be yourself. Realizing that helps a great deal. I do of course want to have a positive first experience but also, I guess I just don't want to do anything to offend someone else. Thanks again!

This post was edited

Like they say - personal choice, although one of the funniest sights I saw was a guy on a nude beach with an immaculate haircut headwise and a pubic area that looked like Bob Marley was performing an indecent act ! Sometimes a trim is worth considering.

Love n stuff
Rudie
x

This post was edited

Dear Nuderunr,
No need to be "worried over doing anything that violates etiquette", at least my experience is that naturists are pretty open and not so upset over etiquette rules.
Regarding shaving I trim pubes and shave balls, I like it that way and have no problems with it.

This post was edited

As the others have said, it is a personal choice. This subject has also come up in the chat room and seen a fair balance of smooth, shaved, and trimmed responses. I tried shaved years ago and didn't like the hassel of keeping it and it bothered me so much growing back that I won't do it again.

I only started shaving mooth a few months ago, but it's become part of my daily routine in the shower, and doesn't take but a minute or two. I think it was a lot longer and more involved when I began. I also don't get razor bumps anymore.

This post was edited
Do What Makes You Comfortable

Frommy casual observanceat our club...no, I didn't keep a tally, LOL...it seems to be about 50/50 and everywhere in between. Personally, I shave my genitals and them closely trim the rest of the pubes and body hair with a beard trimmer wifey got me several Christmases ago. It makes the hair transition a bit smoother. Rather than a long, hairy feel I like a more subtle furry feel. Plus, it is a sexual preference. You and your partner/ spouse are going to be placing your hands on certain places and you'd lke it to be a nice, tactile experience. The hair will grow back, so experiment and have fun.

This post was edited
RE: Do What Makes You Comfortable

I shaved off my pubic hair, because a girlfriend asked me if I wouldn't give it a try. I had my doubts about it at first, because I was scared of all the itching. Then my curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to shave it off. I had to get used to it at first, but when I compare it to the bush I had before, I must say that I like it much better smooth. It also feels cleaner. And I found out that by keeping it smooth, I don't feel an itch at all!

I agree! I know I like it better for the very same reasons - feels cleaner and just simplymore comfortable for me. And I also became accustomed to it very quickly without any itching or other discomfort.

This post was edited