Incremental Comfort?

While being nude is most comfortable, do you find that your comfort level increases incrementally or is it more all or nothing for you ?
Mine is incremental.
Wearing just shorts is far more comfortable than being fully dressed, and short shorts are slightly more comfortable than longer ones.

This topic was edited
RE:Incremental Comfort?

I'm pretty much all or nothing. If it's chilly in the house, I'm in a nightshirt and pajama bottoms and maybe socks. For farmwork, jeans, long-sleeved shirt, boots, hat, gloves - if I need protection from bugs, brush, or sun - otherwise naked. Social gatherings, long pants and a shirt. If I have a reason - other than the brute legalities of the situation - to cover up, I don't have a sense that some body parts need more protection than others, so I just go ahead and cover up.

This post was edited

While being nude is most comfortable, do you find that your comfort level increases incrementally or is it more all or nothing for you ?Mine is incremental.Wearing just shorts is far more comfortable than being fully dressed, and short shorts are slightly more comfortable than longer ones.

Opposite of what I started the thread with, but last night at dinner I was wearing my shortest shorts and nothing else and felt very overdressed and inpatient to get them off!

This post was edited

Someone suggested that oversized basketball shorts are pretty good if you have to have something on. I bought a pair that's at least two sizes too big. Without the tie at the waist, they would just fall off. I wear a t-shirt with them. I don't like wearing them, but it could be a lot worse.

It's incremental to a degree, but there's still a big jump between wearing almost nothing and wearing nothing at all.

This post was edited

Do you wear them without a shirt where and when you can? In warm weather, I wear a shirt only when going some place that requires it. I put one on when I get there and remove it as soon as I am out the door!

This post was edited

Incremental I find. Nothing is best, loose mesh shorts next best, a bit heavier and more coverage less comfortable, on to full clothing being least desirable. But the weather dictates for physical comfort, and company makes me mentally uneasy with less, unless that company is a fellow lover of clothes free living. When It gets cool the shirt goes on first, then more. But i find it much less attractive to work if I have to wear something for warmth. I'm talking work in the garden/woods, outside work in nature. But from now through Oct it's pretty much warm enough for full time nude work time. And I plan on spending more time at it than ever this year.

This post was edited

Incremental I find. Nothing is best, loose mesh shorts next best, a bit heavier and more coverage less comfortable, on to full clothing being least desirable. But the weather dictates for physical comfort, and company makes me mentally uneasy with less, unless that company is a fellow lover of clothes free living. When It gets cool the shirt goes on first, then more. But i find it much less attractive to work if I have to wear something for warmth. I'm talking work in the garden/woods, outside work in nature. But from now through Oct it's pretty much warm enough for full time nude work time. And I plan on spending more time at it than ever this year.

My crotch, rear and feet all get cold before my chest and shoulders, so when I add clothing for cooler temperatures it is shorts first, foot covering second, and shirt last.

This post was edited

While being nude is most comfortable, do you find that your comfort level increases incrementally or is it more all or nothing for you ?Mine is incremental.Wearing just shorts is far more comfortable than being fully dressed, and short shorts are slightly more comfortable than longer ones.Opposite of what I started the thread with, but last night at dinner I was wearing my shortest shorts and nothing else and felt very overdressed and inpatient to get them off!

Actually I have been wearing the short shorts often at home when I can't be nude and the annoying feeling of having very little on is not getting any better. The feeling that I can't wait to get them off and be nude is even stronger than when I am wearing moderate shorts.

This post was edited

While being nude is most comfortable, do you find that your comfort level increases incrementally or is it more all or nothing for you ?Mine is incremental.Wearing just shorts is far more comfortable than being fully dressed, and short shorts are slightly more comfortable than longer ones.

Should have included that one exception is a swim brief v short swim shorts, When I retired, I had a privacy fence installed around our pool and deck, so I had a lot more opportunity to be nude. Shortly thereafter, I stopped wearing underwear. Between the two, swim briefs began to feel terribly confining.

This post was edited

For me, it moves incrementally as I wear less and less, but there's a huge gap between one piece of clothing (shorts) and being nude.

As long as I'm required to act as if there's something shameful about my body, I'm a very long way from the freedom of nudity.

This post was edited

For me, it moves incrementally as I wear less and less, but there's a huge gap between one piece of clothing (shorts) and being nude.As long as I'm required to act as if there's something shameful about my body, I'm a very long way from the freedom of nudity.

While certainly nude is ideal and most freeing and comfortable, I gain a significant increased feeling of comfort and freedom when going from shirted to shirtless and long pants to shorts.

This post was edited