RE:Nude in Florida

Having said that, Florida sounds like a great choice for those migrating to the USA.

This post was edited

I lived there for a while, on the Sun (western) Coast. It was murderously hot in the summer, and the roaches were bigger than the mice. But except for the occasional alligator intrusion, it was a nice place to live.

This post was edited

Several people I know spend a little over half the year in FL and the rest in NJ. That would appeal to me so I would avoid extreme heat and cold.

This post was edited

I've been to Florida too many times already. The hot humid weather well into September had me wanting to go home and everywhere I went it smelled like rotting vegetation.

This post was edited

I've been to Florida too many times already. The hot humid weather well into September had me wanting to go home and everywhere I went it smelled like rotting vegetation.

That's why people who can afford two houses or condos have one for 6 1/2 months in FL and another for 5 1/2 months elsewhere. They can also avoid paying state income tax by doing so.

This post was edited

Dont see why driving in the nude would cause any problems. Ive never even heard of a law that deals with any clothing requirements while driving. I mean we all should be wearing seatbelts and I might want basic shoes. And if leather seats, a towel to sit on. But until you get out of the car, you wont have broken any laws that I have ever heard of. Depending where youre at when you get out, nudity may be perfectly acceptable and legal.

This post was edited

Dont see why driving in the nude would cause any problems. Ive never even heard of a law that deals with any clothing requirements while driving. I mean we all should be wearing seatbelts and I might want basic shoes. And if leather seats, a towel to sit on. But until you get out of the car, you wont have broken any laws that I have ever heard of. Depending where youre at when you get out, nudity may be perfectly acceptable and legal.

Might be a problem if you drive a convertible with the top down like I do in warm weather.
That's why I don't drive nude.
I would rather have shorts on and the top off than the other way around and don't want to risk doing both.

This post was edited

"Dont see why driving in the nude would cause any problems. Ive never even heard of a law that deals with any clothing requirements while driving. I mean we all should be wearing seatbelts and I might want basic shoes. And if leather seats, a towel to sit on. But until you get out of the car, you wont have broken any laws that I have ever heard of. Depending where youre at when you get out, nudity may be perfectly acceptable and legal."

Where I live, the legislation talks of exposing genitals in a public place or in view of a public place. I guess it may come down to a magistrate's decision depending on the circumstances (passing truck, pedestrians near an intersection when stopped).

Not sure where the concern about bare feet comes from. I routinely do it in summer and it feels normal after a few minutes on the first try. Flip flops are way more dangerous than bare feet.

This post was edited

Not sure where the concern about bare feet comes from. I routinely do it in summer and it feels normal after a few minutes on the first try. Flip flops are way more dangerous than bare feet.

I feel the same way and always drive barefoot if I am wearing flip flops somewhere.

This post was edited

I have checked the bare feet issue more thoroughly and found that no state prohibits bare feet driving. Flip flops and high heels are legal too, but I don't think that they are as safe as the bare foot operating the pedals.

This post was edited