What is up with all the fake accounts?

All of these single females, in their 30s, obviously stolen pics, and everyone seeming to friend them. I mean really.... Isn't anyone reviewing these accounts before they are approved?

This topic was edited
RE:What is up with all the fake accounts?

All of these single females, in their 30s, obviously stolen pics, and everyone seeming to friend them. I mean really.... Isn't anyone reviewing these accounts before they are approved?

There is no approval necessary for general accounts. The only time they are looked at is if they are flagged (maybe) and when a request for certification is made.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Just single females? I get as many friends requests from fake profiles of gay men as I do from single females. What intrigues me is how some of them manage to have profile pictures that break the site rules for media.

This post was edited

Just single females? I get as many friends requests from fake profiles of gay men as I do from single females. What intrigues me is how some of them manage to have profile pictures that break the site rules for media.

I don't get too many fakes from friend requests, mostly in the bell icon when they click "Like" on my profile or pictures. I see closer to 2/3's female and 1/3 gay. They must be making enough money from the suckers here, to keep coming back :-(

This post was edited