What is up with all the fake accounts?

All of these single females, in their 30s, obviously stolen pics, and everyone seeming to friend them. I mean really.... Isn't anyone reviewing these accounts before they are approved?

This topic was edited
RE:What is up with all the fake accounts?

All of these single females, in their 30s, obviously stolen pics, and everyone seeming to friend them. I mean really.... Isn't anyone reviewing these accounts before they are approved?

There is no approval necessary for general accounts. The only time they are looked at is if they are flagged (maybe) and when a request for certification is made.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Just single females? I get as many friends requests from fake profiles of gay men as I do from single females. What intrigues me is how some of them manage to have profile pictures that break the site rules for media.

This post was edited

I think you can tell if an account is fake or not after you befriended them. If an account is fake, they ask you if you like to chat with them on Hangouts or even if they can have your phone number.Never do this, bc they might harass you. Real women will (almost) never do this I guess. Maybe the solution to this is that new members should take a pic of themselves (doesn't matter if it's naked or clothed), holding a sign with their account name, the date when the pic was taken (should be within the first 2 weeks (or more) after they created the account) and TrueNudists on it, so you know they're real, if they don't do this, their account should be removed. Existing members should do the same within 2 weeks (or more) after they login again on TrueNudists, if not, their account should be removed too. Now the certification photo is not displayed on your profile but is only for the admins, but it definitely should be placed on your profile, so all members can see for themselves that the photo's on your account are displaying you and aren't taken from the Internet. Members that haven't been active for over 2 years, should have their account removed also imo. Ofcourse, there should be a big warning sign on TN about it you definitely can't miss at the moment you login as an existing member or when you create an account as a new member to prevent that members are unpleasantly surprised when they try to login a second time and notice their account has been removed. This way after some time you know all accounts are real. Not sure if this is realistic though but something must be done about it I guess...

This post was edited

Just single females? I get as many friends requests from fake profiles of gay men as I do from single females. What intrigues me is how some of them manage to have profile pictures that break the site rules for media.

I don't get too many fakes from friend requests, mostly in the bell icon when they click "Like" on my profile or pictures. I see closer to 2/3's female and 1/3 gay. They must be making enough money from the suckers here, to keep coming back :-(

This post was edited