RE:Jewelry - Genital, Nipple and Anal

Hi everyone.I had a conversation about this topic with one of my daughters the other day. She wants to put piercings into her nipples and the clit. I asked her why, and she answered that she wants to look cool at the nudist beach, or every time she is naked. I'm wondering if it's appropriate at her age (15) since I suppose her breasts are still growing. Yes, she already has nice ones, but I'm not sure how this will affect her nipples if they grow a little bit more. I'm also wondering how the piercing affects the clit while she is having sex. She admits she does not know, but her girlfriend already did it, and she says that it's ok. Namely, the other girl says that the sex is even better with the piercing on the clit. I don't have any piercings myself, but I have a friend who owns a tattoo and piercing studio, he also says that it's cool for girls and that he would do it if I agreed.

Seems bit young for me, but that is just me. If you are fine with it, and obviously she wants the piercings, then I say go for it. But I am much more liberal than some when it comes to such things and especially sex. Parents try too hard to shield their kids from sex and then they just go off and learn/do things with very little guidance. I say it is great that she is able to have this open conversation with her father. That is a great start.

This post was edited

The resort that I'm a member of doesn't allow genital piercings, however nipple piercings are allowed.

This post was edited

All we can rely on when it comes to this world is our personal experience. The way opinion and facts are becoming so murky due to a lot of variables, like the news media being overrun by non-media persons with agendas to push, and these same people saying lies that are repeated enough times that some dullards begin to parrot the falsehoods, we can trust very little in the world of information now. So where does that leave us but to live life and learn the old fashioned way - by interacting with others wherever we choose as our place in the world. Experience is the best teacher.

The partial quote below seems to come from one person's interactions with a limited cross-section of the world of nudism. I cannot deny that there still exists inside the nudist community the very human (and unfortunate) desire to judge others. But to go the next step, to posit that there is a higher level of hypercritical types inside the culture of naturism, I cannot agree. Live and let live seems much more prevalent, though since this is just one full-time nudist's opinion, so it means little.

Strong feelings about specific aspects of living nude not found in the clothed world can become over-studied, especially in a forum such as True Nudists. You generally won't find people in the world of clothes openly conversing about what is an appropriate level of acceptable sexual activity on a public beach, much less a parent discussing their underage children's desire to get genital jewelry to enhance their sexual interaction or appeal. These are only two items in this forum that help to instill an underlying perverseness to nudism, and nothing that helps our larger cause of nudism's acceptance by the general population. The fact that this section is allowed to remain in True Nudists does show that this area of communicating ideas is more free to expand on the nuances of social nudism, even the dark underbelly, without regard to hurting each other's feelings or with little care about breaking any laws.

As nudists, if we are to thrive and prosper, we need to be ever diligent to accept other people's minds and bodies more than the people in the outside world do, a place that seems to rely on judgement to function. One nudist's view here -- I think we're doing a shitload better than the clothers. My relationship with the nudists I love and live around and socialize with and work with is vibrant and full, diverse and free. True Nudists is not a realistic microcosm of the world's bare population. Though hot tub rules do apply - no politics or religion, please.

In case you have not noticed, nudists are as much if not more judgmental than the average group of people. They are less accepting not more accepting of peoples differences. Yes they want to say it is about body acceptance, but what about the acceptance of the mind as well.... People and especially nudists need to just stop judging so much and focus on their own experience.

This post was edited

Willy you make some very good points.

I can relate a personal experience to demonstrate some of the points you bring up.

A little over six months ago, on a naturist vacation, we were laying by the pool. A solo male in his late 60s took the lounger beside mine (there were many free). I had seen him around the last couple of days but this was the first we spoke.

We small talked for about ten minutes or so, but he said that this was the longest conversation hed had here as most people just avoid him and he didnt know why.

I asked him if he had this problem when introducing himself when he had clothes on.

He said no, I make friends quite easy in the textile world.

I asked, when dressed and meeting someone for the first time, do you introduce yourself by saying hello Im Brian, I have enough metal in my cock and balls to repair and re-float The Titanic?

Shocked, he replied of course not.

Why not?

He stumbled for a reply, and after a moment, thats not something Id tell people I meet for the first time.

Do you think they would get the wrong impression?

Yes, they probably would.

Well Brain, around here you might not be saying the words, but thats exactly how you are introducing yourself to the other nude people. And you wonder why they avoid you, perhaps the only people who might like that look are the other walking battleship repair kits.

I have absolutely no problem which what you decorate yourself with, but its never going to be a substitute for a personality.

We spoke briefly a few times in passing after that, but only small talk.

This post was edited

I asked him if he had this problem when introducing himself when he had clothes on.He said no, I make friends quite easy in the textile world.I asked, when dressed and meeting someone for the first time, do you introduce yourself by saying hello Im Brian, I have enough metal in my cock and balls to repair and re-float The Titanic?Shocked, he replied of course not.Why not?He stumbled for a reply, and after a moment, thats not something Id tell people I meet for the first time.Do you think they would get the wrong impression?Yes, they probably would.
You have such a wonderful way with words and the example you share should be well taken by a discerning reader.

This post was edited

. The way opinion and facts are becoming so murky due to a lot of variables, like the news media being overrun by non-media persons with agendas to push, and these same people saying lies that are repeated enough times that some dullards begin to parrot the falsehoods, we can trust very little in the world of information now.The partial quote below seems to come from one person's interactions with a limited cross-section of the world of nudism. Strong feelings about specific aspects of living nude not found in the clothed world can become over-studied, especially in a forum such as True Nudists. You generally won't find people in the world of clothes openly conversing about what is an appropriate level of acceptable sexual activity on a public beach, much less a parent discussing their underage children's desire to get genital jewelry to enhance their sexual interaction or appeal. The fact that this section is allowed to remain in True Nudists does show that this area of communicating ideas is more free to expand on the nuances of social nudism, even the dark underbelly, without regard to hurting each other's feelings or with little care about breaking any laws.True Nudists is not a realistic microcosm of the world's bare population. Though hot tub rules do apply - no politics or religion, please.

Thanks for such a thoughtful post. You make such good points in your post that I drew out above.

I think human nature often moves us to make generalizations about things based solely on our learned or lived experience. But we now have the means to present our individual experiences not as individual experience but as fact. So much of what is present on the platform as fact is nothing more than individual experience.

Once such example is a post by someone about a location which suggested the venue no longer accepted single men. This was stated factually but untrue. I know because as I single man I am a part of the community at that venue. However it is definitely possible that the individual was turned away because of other reasons beyond being a single male but attributed their experience to that reason and then talked about that singular experience as a factual reality.

Finally one of the biggest challenges facing nudism today is that many who are coming into the space come with a particular individual perspective seeking individual experience that has not regard for the community and seem to think that being naked is a passport to behavior that would not be acceptable in any other context. Nudism at its core is respectful of others in a context that includes social nudity not just individual libertine behavior.

This post was edited

Finally one of the biggest challenges facing nudism today is that many who are coming into the space come with a particular individual perspective seeking individual experience that has not regard for the community and seem to think that being naked is a passport to behavior that would not be acceptable in any other context. Nudism at its core is respectful of others in a context that includes social nudity not just individual libertine behavior.

I agree with every word of this as its a much nicer worded argument as to what my anecdote about Brian was all about.

Some here would say I and other naturists have judged Brian because of his jewellery, but the truth is the exact opposite, he has judged us.

My getting him to realise that its inappropriate to tell people of his kink for genital piercing on their first meeting was pivotal in getting him to understand that he has prejudged how naturist hes never met before see him.

Him thinking everyone being naked means he takes no responsibility for, giving people the wrong impression.

Far from his terminator testicles being a conversation starter, sadly for him, the opposite was true.

My anecdotes is not 100% accurate though, I had to make up the name Brian as I cant remember his actual name and the line about other walking battleship repair kits was invented as I typed the response for comic effect, I think I just said other similar bejewelled men, but the rest was pretty much as I remember.

This post was edited

Some older campgrounds and resorts don't like them. I have a few tattoos and my nipples and clit pierced and try to head to the beach and campgrounds who don't judge me for my body art.

This post was edited

Some older campgrounds and resorts don't like them. I have a few tattoos and my nipples and clit pierced and try to head to the beach and campgrounds who don't judge me for my body art.

I'm sad that you have to keep your piercings and tattoos to only being shown off at the beach due to the discrimination you suffer for your body art at the older resorts. I've been to Gunnison Beach and had a wonderful time, wishing Virginia had a good place to go beachin' with nothin' on!

If you come down this way, know that no body adornments are a problem at White Tail Resort ~ well, nothing now anyway. A bunch of years ago there were rules against any piercings besides the kind that go on your ears. Why that changed I do not know, and it might have changed before I became a visitor to the resort in 2005, but now it's like the wild wild west for body art of the metal and ink kind! We host a tattoo and piercing event every year in October and it is a very popular weekend.

The last remnant of the alternative piercings rule that still stands at WTR is connective jewelry, meaning there can be no chains, more specifically, the sort that attaches piercings. The look of a person with nipple rings attached to their labia rings by chain does tend to invoke a taste of the provocative -- a tinge of the sexual which our family nude resort doesn't condone, or allows only at that person's campsite. What happens in your trailer...

I've seen people asked to remove belly chains not attached to anything at all, so there is still some targeted discrimination going on. I'm envisioning a belly chain with a small gold plaque, a downward arrow and the words, "By invitation only" written on it. When people check in for the first time and read or are told about the chain rule on our "dos&donts" list, it's time to unhook that Prince Albert from your tongue stud! Or should that read "...tongue, stud!"?? Doesn't it sound kinda dangerous anyway. Some things are best left detached lest they become hooked on some-thing (or some-one) else! "Quick Brian, grab a mop, there's blood on the dance floor, again!"

This post was edited

I have never even thought of having any jewelry items on my "privates" but a few years ago a funny incident took place. I was gifted a pair of ear rings by a "friend" of mine which were not too comfortable on my ear lobes. Since they were a gift I did not wanted to return them. So I found a work around, I used them as a temporary nipple jewelry for a few days. Safe to say, even those weren't too comfy either but they did look nice for the short time I wore them.

This post was edited