When to use a towel to sit on?

As adults,we all know about sitting on a towel. nothing new... but what about kids?
We have very young kids and they aren't quite nudist yet... or they don't know that they are nudists.... anyways, what do you do when raising kids and sitting on towels? to me... I think it would look kind of silly to place a towel on the belted swing for my kids to sit and let their old-man pushs them on the swin set. Or sliding down the home-made water slide... Or sitting on the deck steep eating watermelon...
we would love to hear the views of other parents and how their kids sit on a towel? Personally, I don't think it happens?
Bill and his wife Missy with the broken broom.... OUCH the back of my head hurts.

This topic was edited
RE: When to use a towel to sit on?

The towel etiquette at resorts and other public venues is of course aimed at hygiene because the furnishings are used by everyone. So I'd say in those settings children, even youngsters should be taught to sit on towels. But at home with your own stuff and their play equipment, I wouldn't think it was necessary.

This post was edited

Not to sound gross or anything, but I think it's even more important for children to use a towel than adults. They are learning how to wipe and don't always get everything. Well, that's my line of thinking at least. lol

This post was edited

kind of odd though,I've lookrd atalmost every nudist website and resort with website and never seen anyone with a towel(except when sunning on a beach)

Really? I just did a random search of the resorts on the locations page. Every picture of anyone sitting showsthem sitting on a towel (except for one). If you don't see a towel, maybe it's because their bum is hiding it?lol

This post was edited

It really is NOT too much trouble to carry one around with you at a resort, and frankly I do at home, too. For the same hygeinic reasons I just don't want to take a chance. Paid too much for my furniture, lol!

This post was edited

kind of odd though,I've lookrd atalmost every nudist website and resort with website and never seen anyone with a towel(except when sunning on a beach)

Really? I just did a random search of the resorts on the locations page. Every picture of anyone sitting showsthem sitting on a towel (except for one). If you don't see a towel, maybe it's because their bum is hiding it?lolo.k. maybe i exagerated (did i spell that word right?) a little lol.as far as locations on this website,i didn't go thruogh all 277 just the first 25 ,still did not see anyone carrying and the pics sitting on chairs were too difficult to tell.but now my interewst is piqued i will keep looking,

At our home resort, you never see anyone that doesn't have a towel with them.

This post was edited

I too, have seen many photos of nudist situations sans towel. It does make one wonder, but one also doesn't have to think about it very long to see the logic of always using a towel, wash rag, something.

This post was edited

That is irrelevant about nudist photos without towel. The fact remains that it is common courtesy to take no chance of exposing others to your body fluids.

This post was edited

I too, have seen pictures of nudist sitting without towels I was present when a professional photographer was taking pictures for a publicity release. The photographer was not a nudist. He thought the towels looked tacky. The wimps removed the towels. The rest of us refused. He only used the pictures without towels.

Then he wasn't a GOOD professional photographer! We have several small black towels that we use. A) our rearends have gotten big enough to cover most ofit and B) if there is any towel showing that detracts from the picture...that is what photoshop is for! Bet that same photographer had NO problem wasting time in photoshop or with an airbrush "smoothing" cellulite! Good for you, Nicky, for refusing!

This post was edited

I too, have seen pictures of nudist sitting without towels I was present when a professional photographer was taking pictures for a publicity release. The photographer was not a nudist. He thought the towels looked tacky. The wimps removed the towels. The rest of us refused. He only used the pictures without towels.

Then he wasn't a GOOD professional photographer! We have several small black towels that we use. A) our rearends have gotten big enough to cover most ofit and B) if there is any towel showing that detracts from the picture...that is what photoshop is for! Bet that same photographer had NO problem wasting time in photoshop or with an airbrush "smoothing" cellulite! Good for you, Nicky, for refusing!

He IS a GOOD professional photographer! The pictures turned out great. (LOL, hehehe, whatever)

Hahaha, point taken.

This post was edited

The towel etiquette at resorts and other public venues is of course aimed at hygiene because the furnishings are used by everyone. So I'd say in those settings children, even youngsters should be taught to sit on towels. But at home with your own stuff and their play equipment, I wouldn't think it was necessary.

I just thought I'd get this thread back on it's original topic and agree that towels should always be used for hygenic reasons.

This post was edited