Nudism Impact on Sexuality

I would like to hear how nudism has impacted your sexuality, if at all. When sex is stripped away from nudity, do you become less sexual in general? Do you lose taste for fetishes, particularly relating to certain body parts when you see them all the time in so many different forms? I understand there is a healthy amount of policing of nudist norms but does that pressure and/or internalization suppress desires? If so, do you find this good or bad?

Obviously not advocating for sexual behavior while enjoying nudism in general. I've not engaged in social nudity (yet) so I am curious.

This topic was edited
RE:Nudism Impact on Sexuality

It's all about the context.

It really is all about context. And behavior.

My sex life is pretty much unchanged by nudism. As I imagine much of the nudist population. My wife and I are nude around each other daily; yet unless one of us make a "suggestive move", it remains non-sexual. Most nudists - at least socially - refrain from "suggestive moves" so it's not that difficult to see them "non-sexually."

As far as "repressing desires", I don't think it's necessarily unhealthy. I have a rather short fuse. If I went around "snapping at people" and kicking them in the head I'd have a long history of jail sentences. Although one could argue that in a nudist setting it is unnecessary to repress desires, because they are not usually "ignited" in the first place. Unless someone behaves in a sexual way (which is open to interpretation and another topic.)

This post was edited

Good to hear it doesn't seem to have diminished your sex life. Of course sexual desires need suppression, nudity or not!

This post was edited

As for me, it has enhances our sexuality. When you are always nude around the house and yard, there seems to be more touching because everything is so handy. And guys are generally visually excitable. She can only bend over so many times in the yard till I have to do something

This post was edited

The first mistake I believe people make is to separate sexuality from nudism. The second is to separate sexuality from people.
Sexuality is about being vital human beings. Sexuality is just as much about seeing a tulip burst open or tasting a wonderful sauce or wine as about fondling genitals. Sexuality is not an "either or" question but a "yes and" one.
Sexuality is NEVER a problem, it's choices of expressing sexuality or affection which can be inappropriate for a given context. Norms from determined institutions have traditionally defined such contexts, such as the Church speaking against intercourse outside of marriage. Now they are being complimented by practices such as rigorous consent communication in hopes of honoring people's intents and emotions. I see traditional and more contemporary sexual norms related to genitals as having strengths and weaknesses. Aside from their dynamics, the problem is not too much sexuality. The problem is that we recognize too little!
So wake up and smell the coffee, with senses aroused including or not including "morning wood." Don't relate sexual relationships to begging any pardon or promises of rose gardens, claim life as a rose garden, here and now, all the time, imperfect as all rose gardens have thorns, but filled with beauty, life, light and truth nonetheless.
What is nudism's impact on sexuality? I believe it makes us more authentic and vital as sexual humans with a thousand shades of color and different paintbrush strokes to express them. Some may include genitals and most will not. It's all sexual - owning the power of co-creating with our Maker - and it's all good.

This post was edited

I would like to hear how nudism has impacted your sexuality, if at all. When sex is stripped away from nudity, do you become less sexual in general? Do you lose taste for fetishes, particularly relating to certain body parts when you see them all the time in so many different forms? I understand there is a healthy amount of policing of nudist norms but does that pressure and/or internalization suppress desires? If so, do you find this good or bad?Obviously not advocating for sexual behavior while enjoying nudism in general. I've not engaged in social nudity (yet) so I am curious.

Personally, naturism/nudity has not impacted on my sexuality, I am still the same person naked or clothed ! The biggest thing I find is using common sense when in the naturist environment, which true and real naturists do.

If you think about it, sex and sexuality (which are both part of every single person on this planet), actually doesn't make a blind bit of difference in reality, it's other peoples ideas of what they perceive people are about, without actually knowing that person as a human being and an individual, preconceived ideals.

My being gay has nothing at all to do with me loving being naked, alone or with others, simple common decency should be practiced. We all know what we are not supposed to do, so what's wrong with just following that basic ideal ?

If you take fundamental things like sexuality and sex out of any given situation (person), you are not the being your true self, are you ?

No one can deny that we all look at others when on a naturist beach or resort, it's human nature to look, yes we can see the whole person or parts of their body that excite us, I look at naked men (obviously), but I don't suddenly get erect or spank the monkey because I like what I see, to me that person is just naked at the same place as me, I remain the same person I am, just another naked guy.

I fully accept that anyone new to naturism, men in particular have the problem of getting erections, that is perfectly normal, after a few weeks, that simply goes away because you become accustomed to seeing others naked, it's doesn't become about sex or sexuality, it's just another naked person, the norm. The sexual side of being human wanes as you spend more time with other naked people

Naturism is about being free, free of clothes, free of expectations, being free and naked in nature, nothing more.

Whatever sexuality or sex you are, should never impact on you or others for being naturists, just accept each other, let each and every person be themselves, just see them for their naked beauty.

As the OP says on his first post, I am not advocating anything at all here, just giving my view on his question.

This post was edited

There are therapists that say getting nude will enhance the intimacy and sex life of long term married couples - in fact it was in a TV show here in Australia recently that also featured some of our well known local lifetime nudists.

In practice and from experience I am not seeing the dividends...I am completely open with my wife about my enjoyment of nudity, but she is not. She remains feeling vulnerable when she is nude. I explain the joy of freedom and the liberation that it brings when being in a social setting or authorised public space - but I just can't get her there.

I am about to road trip and will visit nude beaches on my travels. I hope to help an old friend (F) experience nudism at one of those beaches. I truly don't feel sexually motivated towards here and am looking forward to the liberty it will bring her mind. But I am overtly worried what my wife thinks of this adventure...so I am betting it will cool the intimacy in my marriage for some time to come (despite that fact my wife knows I regularly skinny dipped with the woman who introduced us to each other 32 years ago)!

A long anecdote to say nudism hasn't 'upped' my sexuality in any great way in regards to polygamy

This post was edited

I became a nudist early and became sexual a bit late, so the two developed at the same time for me. With one of my early partners, we got easily naked, but things didn't get sexual until we hid ourselves under the covers; the nudity may have been making things too frank and commonplace. I've certainly had chances to do the undressing-each-other ritual, which I recognize had turn-on value for partners (mostly male) or provided a reassuring incrementalism for partners (mostly female). But it never got baked into my sexuality; I get zero turnon from lingerie, underwear, and so forth. Out and about I might notice someone in a revealing outfit in a way that I wouldn't, in a social nudist context; in that case it's not really about what the outfit allows me to see, as about how comfortable and at ease the outfit seems to make the wearer; tight, constraining clothes just don't look sexy to me, no matter how much they reveal.

For physical intimacy, at this point, clothing is just a nuisance.

This post was edited

Well said, Andy.

As for that Aussie TV show, my only thought was that nudists are probably pre-selected as being more adventurous and honest with their partners (especially if those partners are also nudists), so I'd expect them to have better sex lives on the average. It's not that nudity encourages better sexual relations, but that both spring from the same source... honesty and willingness to think "outside the box."

This post was edited

Why would being a nudist have any impact at all on one's sexuality? Nudists can be (and usually are) sexual people as much as anyone else; but the reason why you're a nudist is what determines if you're a nudist or just someone who gets naked a lot for various other reasons. Nudism and sexuality are separate things, and nudity =/= nudism. Again, I'm not saying nudists are all celibate monks or anything -- but these two streams are not crossed, though sometimes one can appear like the other.

I respect your views, but why is duality necessary between nudism and sexuality? Why can't they be part of one healthy whole? Why can't the same sense of passion in sexuality be embedded in other parts of life? Why can't we cook food and drink wine tasting the subtleties in our core? Why can't we go out in the rain or shower naked and feel the full sensuality of the water hitting our skin akin to a sexual experience? I can understand why two "behavior streams" should not be crossed, but I believe that spirituality and sexuality are essentially two expressions of the same deep desire to be fully alive and present. That's easier without clothes than with, and entail a deep and resounding passion which is not limited to our outward expression or behavior.

This post was edited

I agree with you. When I am nude outdoors with people I am conscious of the breezes on my body, especially my penis. I love looking at other men and women who are nude and admiring their bodies. I see what is beautiful about people, the softness of their skin and their curves. This stirs all sorts of erotic feelings in me.

This post was edited