NEW TO SITE

As a wheelchair user it is obviously difficult, if not impossible, to reach a lot of places such as beaches.
Mostly limited to naked alone at home

I live in central Scotland but very happy to drive to somewhere that I would feel welcome and accepted naked :-)

Appreciate any suggestions

Jim

This topic was edited
RE:NEW TO SITE

As a former wheelchair user, I feel your pain.

I'd advise you to join this group:

https://naturist-corner.net/naturistcorner/

They're British-based and can give you lots of information on naturist activities in the British Isles. I've found them to be very friendly. And they have a very active forum.

This post was edited

If you ever have a chance to visit post-Covid Germany, consider visiting one of their thermal baths (google "Therme Bad"). They are large indoor/outdoor facilities with multiple pools and saunas, typically all FKK/nudist. I can't say how "handicap accessible" they are; it's not a term I'm aware of in German. However I believe they are large and modern enough to accommodate you and you'll love it. I just wish they existed in the US.

This post was edited

Jim, I cannot vouch for what may be available in Scotland but I can offer you some moral support. I was injured in the military and was in a powered wheelchair for 7 years but fought my way out of it using a rolling walker and then a cane. But using the chair for long distances in the city, even now 10 years later. But now due to an inoperable spinal condition I am being forced into it again on a full time basis. The sad thing is that about 3 years ago, a local nudist hiking group turned down my request to join them based on the words in my profile "disabled veteran" without ever seeing me or discussing. I think the wide variety of camping trips and activities posted on my profile since that time show how wrong they were. However it took finding a fellow nudist who became my roommate, to create that proof. It turned out that he loved camping and sightseeing as much as I did so he provided the wheels for the trip and oftentimes he had to do a large part of the physical labor in setting up the camp.
So there are possibilities.....You just have to find them. Don't give up the search for a Group that is comfortable, and don't give up on looking for someone that can be a comfortable travel/driving companion. Yes, there will be those who cannot accept our willingness or ability despite our physical impairments. But eventually you will connect with someone that can become a close friend and travel companion. Many facilities in Europe are accessible to wheelchairs, search them out and if you find a place you really like that is not accessible. Don't just turn away, get hold of someone by telephone and then by letter, asking why. Perhaps you will be the reason they do make their property accessible.

This post was edited

In Germany there are some beaches which have possibilities for people with wheelchairs. But this won't help you in Scotland. And those are no nudist beaches.

This post was edited