Truckers?? Pilots??

Truckers have a great view into cars. Pilots, have a view into backyards. Truckers-- Just how common is nude driving. Pilots, do you frequently see nude sunbathers? I am a fairly observant person, yet I rarely see nude people in normal situations.

This topic was edited
RE:Truckers?? Pilots??

Im not a pilot but have been in small planes. In a small plane you really dont have much of a view down as opposed to out at a distance plus unless youre right by the airport the plane should be no lower than 500 feet over residential areas. Another way to think about it if you are on a passenger jet looking almost down through a passenger window even during approach or take-off cars are far enough that you can barely tell the type of car. I dont see how anyone is going to really see enough detail of a person to have any real idea if someone is nude or not.

This post was edited

I always wondered about that.. I have a good number of small planes that fly over my house as well as helicopters.... we're about 3 miles from the airport, I very rarely get air traffic from jets over our house and about 6 miles from the executive airport, so we see a few smaller planes here and there... But...... we do have a good number of helicopters flying over, the News chopper, Sheriff's Office, Trauma Hawk and had Marine One (x3) several times over the last 4 years... I figured if anyone would see anything it would be helicopter pilots...

This post was edited

I twice bought a small plane flight at a charity auction.
One was along the Jersey Shore, the other up the Hudson Valley.
Both flew over Gunnison, NJ's only nude beach.
It was impossible to know what the beachgoers there or elsewhere were or were not wearing.
I did see someone obviously nude in his back yard once when I was on a passenger train.

This post was edited

One of my brothers used to be a private pilot. So, had the opportunity to fly around with him. It may not look like it from the ground, but the plane is way to high up to (too far away) to see individual people. Oh, you might be able to say, "Oh, look, there's someone," but it's not going to be much more than a moving dot. Cars appear quite tiny -- and people are substantially smaller than cars.

But from a trucker's window, the view is pretty good. I used to drive a school bus and spent a summer driving new busses from the factory in NC to the dealership in CO. Never saw a single nude person in a car.

This post was edited

Truckers need to be observant to the road around them, so I could see them noticing nudists. But even as a pilot of small aircraft that fly much lower and slower than commercial jets, I can tell you that being observant of the airspace around you for traffic, making sure you don't get into an unusual attitude and stall, navigating to your destination, and communicating with ground controllers and other aircraft does not leave much time to look on the ground.

This post was edited

Not a small plane but the pilots and passengers in the hot air balloons that go over our house on, relatively, still summer evenings are travelling slowly and are normally pretty low. I know I have been seen/pointed out on a few occasions. But being a hot air balloon they cant circle back for another look.

This post was edited

This time of year we have crop dusters flying extremely low and there is always air traffic over our club. It's not like they could specifically identify anyone on the grounds. No one that I know of paid much mind to it. Personally we are in a landing pateran over our house for our local airport. We pay no mind to it after many years now and we do know pilots there and yes they are low enough to see and know thats is our property.

Only a couple times were there continuous fly overs. I called my buddy who has a commercial pilots license and flies out of that airport. Never has happened again. Friends in high places come in handy !

This post was edited

We often have a couple of microlights flying over the field at the back of our garden. I have seen them a few times when enjoying my nude gardening. Somtimes they are so close, I can see their face, so they must notice I'm naked.

This post was edited

This time of year we have crop dusters flying extremely low and there is always air traffic over our club. It's not like they could specifically identify anyone on the grounds. No one that I know of paid much mind to it. Personally we are in a landing pateran over our house for our local airport. We pay no mind to it after many years now and we do know pilots there and yes they are low enough to see and know thats is our property.Only a couple times were there continuous fly overs. I called my buddy who has a commercial pilots license and flies out of that airport. Never has happened again. Friends in high places come in handy !

We are within the class Delta airspace around our local airport, but since that is controlled airspace pilots wouldn't be able to just fly over our house unless the controller gives them permission. And then if we called to complain there would be a radio record of who was making the request and who granted it, so I doubt the controller would allow them to circle over our house. When aircraft get over our house they are probably busy getting ready to land or have just taken off, so they probably aren't looking at the ground other than the runway itself (I know I wouldn't have time for it). If they are just transitioning the airspace controllers will have them above 1500 feet (more likely 2000 feet) to keep them separated from planes in the pattern, so they won't be seeing much from that height. And then at 2500 feet the class Bravo airspace starts for Logan International which tends to keep amateur pilots out of the general area to begin with. The only ones who ever come in low are the occasional military helicopters, so they might get an eyeful. One of the few plusses to living under highly controlled airspace.

Occasionally small aircraft will fly over our resort which has a nice big lake next to it (good navigation landmark) and we join some of the others who wave up at them. Doubtful any pilots see us, but maybe their passengers are looking.

This post was edited

At some of the coastal sites I've flown as a hang glider pilot, I have seen the occasional nude sunbather. But I was concentrating far more on staying in the air than I was at gawking, so I was paying attention to the wind and the lift and other pilots in the air, and where I might have to land if the wind dropped below "soarability." I expect that airplane pilots at low altitudes are preoccupied with many of the same things, since takeoffs and landings are the places where a pilot is most likely to get into trouble.

This post was edited