RE:Male vs Female beachwear

I usually wear a very small pouch on the beach and don't care what people think.

This post was edited

I usually wear a very small pouch on the beach and don't care what people think.

So I should be okay at the beach.

This post was edited

I can think of one way to find out... :-)

This post was edited

I can think of one way to find out... :-)

Go to the beach:).

This post was edited

Its certainly a double-standard, supported by fashion retailers and the media trying to shape public opinion.

Ive never owned a pair of boardies, so I stand out on most Australian beaches when I wear my Aussiebums / speedo style swimwear. A couple of times in the last few years Ive tried to buy speedo style swimwear in the major retail stores only to find no, or very limited, stock. What there is available is either quite expensive, or cheap items that become shapeless over a short time when the elasticity in the elastine cloth gives way, whilst there will be dozens of brands and colours of various quality boardies available. If you cant easily buy them then the majority of guys cant easily wear them.

Media also plays its part. In Australia this was most obvious when a previous Prime Ministerial candidates photo of him wearing speedos was published in the national press in 2009. What followed was widespread popular media commentators saying men should never wear anything so revealing., and continued ridiculing of such swimwear for the following decade. Contrast that to Australian media of earlier times as a previous poster has mentioned. In the early 1970s Australian automotive magazines, largely printed in black and white, carried coloured Speedo ads featuring women in modest bikinis alongside men in speedos. The company obviously considered the ads worthwhile as they appeared more than once. It was a different era, however, when in Summer men on building sites would often be seen wearing nothing more than boots and short shorts (Stubbies), pre Workplace Health and Safety fluoro took over. This was before Australian TV and cinema was swamped with American programs that never showed men In anything less than boardies at the beach, and widespread media campaigns about the dangers of skin cancer. Contemporary media has even headlined a shirtless man as being naked. It is a weird world, and all we can do is go out of our way to buy and wear what we wish, if we have to wear anything at all.

This post was edited

My first choice is to be nude. I'm 65 years old and I wear what I like and feel good in. The speedo also helps me to maintain a bikini look tan line which I and many of my special friends find sexy. The clothing stores do not have nice men's sexy fashionable swimwear but Amazon does. Remember my friends.....Life is NOWBe who you are, do what You want and if you feel good and sexy in that string bikini then by all means wear it!Like this comment.

My first choice is also to be nude. When I can't be, I have two pair of shorts that really hug my oversized body with only a two inch inseam. Wore one pair today while mowing my lawn and simply don't care what others may think. I am finding that the farther past 65 I get the less likely I am to be fashion conscious. I never iron out wrinkles, especially those in my birthday suit.

This post was edited

My first choice is to be nude. I'm 65 years old and I wear what I like and feel good in. The speedo also helps me to maintain a bikini look tan line which I and many of my special friends find sexy. The clothing stores do not have nice men's sexy fashionable swimwear but Amazon does. Remember my friends.....Life is NOWBe who you are, do what You want and if you feel good and sexy in that string bikini then by all means wear it!Like this comment.My first choice is also to be nude. When I can't be, I have two pair of shorts that really hug my oversized body with only a two inch inseam. Wore one pair today while mowing my lawn and simply don't care what others may think. I am finding that the farther past 65 I get the less likely I am to be fashion conscious. I never iron out wrinkles, especially those in my birthday suit.

Don't you worry about accidental exposure in 2" inseam shorts.
Your ironing comment reminded me of a joke I heard.
Ester and Edith and Fred and Frank all lived in a retirement community. Ester was trying to get Fred's attention so she said to Edith "I will go to breakfast naked tomorrow and see if that gets his attention." And she did.
After breakfast. Frank said to Fred. "Did you notice what Ester was wearing at breakfast today?"
Fred said, "Not completely, but I did see that it sure needed Ironing."

This post was edited

Don't you worry about accidental exposure in 2" inseam shorts.

The shorts have a liner

This post was edited

Don't you worry about accidental exposure in 2" inseam shorts.The shorts have a liner

I feel too constrained when wearing shorts with liners or briefs, so I prefer shorts with at least a 4 inch inseam.

This post was edited

If you just want to acquire a tan to your rear, a much sexier thing to wear is the party type pants. You can buy completely see=thru or those that allow the sun's rays through the material, but still protect your modesty. I wear them all the time when visiting the beach.

This post was edited