Male vs Female beachwear

Ok so lately everytime I go to the beach I ask myself the same question, all the girls these days wear practically nothing, a piece of string up their ass which barely covers the front and tiny bikini tops. But when a guy wears a g string or something equally as small he is laughed at and ridiculed? Yet every single girl under 30 is running around with their full ass out and is completely normal?

This topic was edited
RE:Male vs Female beachwear

I suppose there will always be some sort of a double standard here in the States. If my wife were naked walking through the courthouse lawn naked she would get cheers and car horns honking. If I did that I'd see red and blue lights then find myself in the gray bar hotel.

This post was edited

I was once at a gravel pit / swimming hole with some friends and a couple dozen others when the police arrived to tell us the place was closed to swimming. And furthermore, they told me and a naked male standing next to me, we could site you for public nudity. They entirely ignored the nudity of the woman we were with. Her nudity didn't offend him; ours did. The culture has really shifted on that - used to be, the nakedness of Eve the temptress was the evil, and male nudity was just kind of neutral. Now, it's man the aggressor/devil who's evil, and women's nudity or near nudity is normalized. Neither myth set makes any real sense. The double standard shifts kaleidoscopically, but always seems to be there.

This post was edited

I could never understood womans suites got smaller or same wile men's got bigger , I always try to find the smaller style to buy the first thing I do is cut lining out never liked

This post was edited

My first choice is to be nude but if I'm at a beach where it's not permitted I wear very skimpy speedos or bikinis. Personally I think American men's swimsuits (boardshorts) look absolutely ridiculous. I'm 65 years old and I wear what I like and feel good in. The speedo also helps me to maintain a bikini look tan line which I and many of my special friends find sexy. The clothing stores do not have nice men's sexy fashionable swimwear but Amazon does. Remember my friends.....Life is NOW
Be who you are, do what You want and if you feel good and sexy in that string bikini then by all means wear it!

This post was edited

The baggy things that get worn to the beach by men these days certainly hamper the ability to swim and they are covering too much in my opinion. I most often wear a pair of spandex exercise shorts and those have been a topic of conversation because they show that there is something between my legs. It seems that anything that reveals the natural bulge in front is unsightly unless you are an Olympic swimmer or diver.

This post was edited

Why is there such a big difference in swimwear, do guys have a body issue or is it a fashion that makes more money. Seams guys are afraid to show more skin and the ones who are brave enough to wear the speedos and the smaller swimwear are made fun of for wearing them. Is it body image or fear why guys wear board shorts with underwear to hide whats under them while the females show a lot more of themselves with what they wear at the beach.

This post was edited

why wear anything BUT A SMILE at the beach? Vitamin D is good for all ... body mind soul & spirit ... regardless of our God-blessed reproductive organs.

This post was edited

Go to Gunnison, you'll see guys in women's 1 pieces....interesting is all I can say

This post was edited

Why is there such a big difference in swimwear, do guys have a body issue or is it a fashion that makes more money. Seams guys are afraid to show more skin and the ones who are brave enough to wear the speedos and the smaller swimwear are made fun of for wearing them. Is it body image or fear why guys wear board shorts with underwear to hide whats under them while the females show a lot more of themselves with what they wear at the beach.

I don't know if it is a body issue for guys, but if you just go the the store to shop for beachwear, all that is available are the baggy shorts. Shopping on line for clothing is a pain because sizes are not consistent. I ordered two pair of two inch inseam "shorts" from Amazon that were labled Large. I can only get one pair on and they were the largest size offered. Since so many of us are overweight, I would tend to believe that a Speedo with a big belly above it would not be considered a pleasant sight by most people.

The very skimpy suits worn by women tend to be only on the very slender bodies. However, two piece suits seem to be accepted by women of larger sizes. What baffles me is the reluctance to go nude when the suit being worn does not cover much. Even the newest one piece suits just run a thread through the butt crack and near fully expose the cheeks. It's a strange country we live in.

This post was edited

I have seen some large women in moderately skimpy suits.
But then I have a 38" waist and wear swim briefs.

This post was edited