Why ie6 Shouldnt be retired

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/internet-explorer-6-retire.htm

EXCELLENT ARTICLE!!

The problem is with Web developers, not the browser

Indeed!!!

People are so lazy and want to do the quickest job they can and it results in GARBAGE!!

Web design has gone WAY DOWN THE TUBES and its just sad...... TAKE THE EXTRA TIME TO MAKE YOUR SITE LOOK GOOD!!!!!

Way too many ppl have lost thier sense of 'WHATS GOOD' and its very sad.......

EXCELLENT,EXCELLENT ARTICLE!!!!!!

This topic was edited
RE: Why ie6 Shouldnt be retired

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/internet-explorer-6-retire.htm EXCELLENT ARTICLE!! The problem is with Web developers, not the browser Indeed!!! People are so lazy and want to do the quickest job they can and it results in GARBAGE!! Web design has gone WAY DOWN THE TUBES and its just sad...... TAKE THE EXTRA TIME TO MAKE YOUR SITE LOOK GOOD!!!!! Way too many ppl have lost thier sense of 'WHATS GOOD' and its very sad....... EXCELLENT,EXCELLENT ARTICLE!!!!!!

Thanks soooooo much for posting that.

I don't understand half of it, but I'm hoping that if I keep reading it, I will suddenly see the light!

This post was edited

Thanks soooooo much for posting that.

I don't understand half of it, but I'm hoping that if I keep reading it, I will suddenly see the light!

I'm in the same boat Phil, I'll just stick with Firefox though!

This post was edited

That's why I still use Netscape for a few different websites including here and my bank accounts. It works more efficiently.

This post was edited

I use Firefox ..IE-6,7,8,9 all vulnerable to malware

This post was edited

Netscape? That still exists?

I have it saved to a flashdrive and will happily email to any who request it.

This post was edited

I don't agree with the article.
Security is one reason to get away from IE6 quickly.
Also a true WC3 website doesn't render well in IE6, websites are written to the browser because of its peculiariries, not to the standrard. The death of IE6 will encourage better standrads compliant browsers. IE9 rules!!
For applications/sites that MUST have IE6 Microsoft have provided a FREE copy of Winodws XP and IE6 as part of Windows 7 pro and Ultimate (called XP Mode) to allow applications to run in IE6 that need it but run IE8/9 for everything else. Microsoft have invested a lot of effort to both eliminate IE6and allow it to live on in a controlled manner in XP mode.

This post was edited

Netscape? That still exists?
Internal politics.
It was called Mozilla for a while, and now Firefox.
Still the same people and same code base.
( and I'm one of the few with an original working copy of Mosaic still around )

This post was edited

The gist of the article is that MS wants to retire IE6. The reality of the computing world is that it will be around for years to come. Not everyone can afford to invest in a new box or a hardware upgrade that will handle Win 7 and IE9. I for one cannot. Thus I will use my XP SP2 (got SP3 but haven't installed it) until forced by circumstances to "upgrade". That aside, my browsers of choice don't include Mickey$oft's bloatware.
SP3 increases performance a smidgen - I'd upgrade as soon as is convenient.

This post was edited

A friend sent me a message saying that since he upgraded to IE 9, he's been having posting problems here.

This post was edited