RE:This is not a legal issue

Where is that park? Im coming over to Austin later this spring and definitely want to visit!!

This post was edited

Where is that park? Im coming over to Austin later this spring and definitely want to visit!!

It would help if you quoted the post you are replying to. I will assume it was this one, in which teh answer to your question was stated:

"In Austin Tx where I work and live near by the City of Austin has in it's ordinances a law that allows thongs and topless women in city parks , but again Austin is smarter than Brazoria County, we also have a legal clothing option Travis County Public Park on Lake Travis 5 miles west of Austin that is nude legal there."

The name of the park is Hippie Hollow and information can be found here:

https://parks.traviscountytx.gov/parks/hippie-hollow

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

This is not a legal issue and shouldn't be thought of one. If someone does not want to see me naked, or hear me whistling out of tune, all they have to do is say so, and something might be done about it. People ask if I mind them smoking cigarettes, talking on phones or taking pictures of things when I'm nude nearby. Not a problem. If me being naked is a problem, they say so and I can go and find some shorts or just leave them to do whatever they are in my home to do. How about a boxer fighting another boxer? if you fight like that, it's a legal permission sort of thing as being hit by someone else, is usually an assault, but because fighting is about being hit, it's never an assault but an expected event due to the nature of the contest and the fact that both fighters take the same known risk of being hurt.What about those of us who might not be so naturally handsome and good looking? If i haven't washed and shaved, or brushed my teeth or hair, i probably look a bit wild myself. If a tradesperson or a friend calls at my house, am I to panic and find a large paper bag to slip over my head? I don't think so. If any handsome chap came to my door with a bag over his head, i'd probably think i was about to be mugged and hit him hard with a cricket bat. if it happened to be a lawyer at my door, he'd probably appreciate an ambulance being called rather swiftly.

I agree with you about the home environment. I do not clothe for anyone and if guests are welcome they're welcome nude.

This post was edited
RE:Legal Issues of being nude while services (cable company/plumbing/HVAC) are being provided for you

I have caught off guard by a few service people that were doing work ,, But now that the company's i use know that im a nudist they send guys that are cool with it actually i received a discount few times , my guy that does the stove comes once a year this year instead of putting on little booties he just took off his boots and had shirt unbuttoned more , and did not charge me for a couple parts that i needed , its nice that there are workers out there that dont care as long as you pay your bill

This post was edited
RE:Legal Issues of being nude while services (cable company/plumbing/HVAC) are being provided for you

Only tangentially related.

I was at a men's clothing-optional resort while some repair work was being done to the pool. One of the repairmen was nude.

Many of the men visiting the resort were also nude. Seems absurd that anyone could be upset about seeing nude people while at a nudist or CO resort. The men working on the pool didn't care -- especially the guy who took advantage of the opportunity to be nude.

This post was edited

Absolutely the most kind , honest, and considerate way to handle this situation!

This post was edited

Interesting, as I can look from both sides as at home and someone comes to do work in the house I can think this home is my castle so I will stay nude and you have to lump it, but my last job I was going around with one other person fitting LED bulbs in peoples houses and the company who I worked for would have said not to go in as someone could have set a trap to say were frightened/suffered sexual misconduct by our reaction to their naked body, and robes were a no as well as they had to be fully dressed.

This post was edited