RE:Wheelchair naturist

Not sure what you mean by that but I remained as naked as the rest of the attendees during the event

This post was edited

Some discussions have a strange course. It starts with a question of a wheelchair naturist if there any other naturists with a wheelchair. And then the question is asked if a man in a wheelchair has advantages over a man without it. You don't believe it.

This post was edited

For the love of Christ Andy. Why are you still harping on this? You are a grown man, but acting like a spoiled rotten brat demanding to go where you are not wanted.I read a post on TN from the manager of a resort (in GB I think). Long story short, they knuckled under and started letting all single men in. Pretty soon single women stopped coming, then couples stopped coming, then the single males stop coming because there were no women there. The resort about went belly up. And had to go back to the old rules and try to get the old customers back in the gate.Maybe buy some land and start your own resort, and run it the way you want. From what I have read here you may start out coed, but will soon be male only. Not because of rules, but because women don't want to be there. So you would either go broke or end up with a gay mans sex club. It has all been explained here repeatedly if you are just willing to read and comprehend it.

I comprehend it, and do you comprehend how nudism is dying before your eyes? I'm too proud to go where I'm not welcome and won't try to schmooze my way at the resort gate with two young sons hoping I won't be discriminated against as a single male. However, it's a bit of a legal bind for a resort to let in a handicapped single male to prove they don't discriminate against people of different abilities when they feel justified in discriminating against able-bodied single men.

After reading the post about the UK owner, I understand how he has to be loyal to old customers, while at the same time sustaining the business as people move and die off. He also mentioned he would likely close and sell the club as land rather than pass it down or sell it as a business. You are also right that the other option is starting a gay man's sex club. Those are the two options in puritanical nudism: old married couples or gay sex. I get it. I imagine you also respect that no one in our household, including my sons (the future without pants), consider ourselves nudists because of this divide.

Discrimination against single men is not my issue. Here is is: nudism is dying.

Thank God for millennials who will continue to be naked on their terms. They just call it something else and all the power to them.

This post was edited

Well, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I do have to use a cane or walker. I haven't noticed any benefit from using them beyond most people opening doors for me, which I appreciate.

This post was edited

I find myself restricted to paved surfaces even with my walker, I feel for those in wheelchairs. I wish I could still enjoy being able to go off-road so to speak. I want to try a beach, and if I can afford a suitable walker I'll do so.

This post was edited

I don't need any walker or wheelchair. But my wife had a walker for about 20 years. After a serious illness she generated an incredible energy to come from bed in the wheelchair and then back to her walker. You are handicapped with a walker in everyday life and even much more with a wheelchair. Sometimes people helped my wife to come into a bus or tram with her walker but only when she got older. When she was younger she only got incomprehensible looks with her walker.

This post was edited

em1dub wrote:
What also caught my attention in this thread is an increased interest in facilities and aids ( some very costly ) for members with mobility issues at nudist facilities. And of course the anti-single-male bigotry in many nudist clubs and increased demand for alterations and equipment for mobility-challenged members are related. The additional enhancements and equipment reflect the ageing demographic in those clubs and not an enhanced empathy for the handicapped.

That's an interesting point. As club members age out, they become more interested in accessibility issues, and put pressure on the club to accommodate them. That's a sort of peer pressure that the government can't mandate.

This post was edited

Hey Phil
I have had the pleasure of meeting you. I didn't feel anything but you are a Gentleman of the highest order. My Mother and Grand Mother were Native .. I believe they pasted along a sense to read if someone is a person not to associate with you are not one of those people.

This post was edited

Thank you for the kind words, Ron. I look forward to seeing you soon.

This post was edited

But does it get you any sort of a "pass" when it comes to nudity.

For some reason, when I clicked on this thread it brought me here rather than to the beginning or end of the discussion . All I saw was some guy trying to find out if a wheelchair could get a guy a "pass" to gain entry in a resort.

Needless to say, I was briefly flipping TF out. I was thinking, "What kind of Ted Bundy bullshit is this?!"

Fortunately, I quickly got a handle on what the conversation was about,but wow!

Goes to show how badly things can be misconstrued when one doesn't have the whole story!

**"*" "**" "*" "" "" "" ""

Hmmm...but I suppose it DOES suggest the possibility that someone who is assumed to be harmless could be just as predatory.

This post was edited