RE:Should You Sleep in the Nude?

in the winter i sleep only in a shirt to keep my shoulders warm and heating bills low. In summer, fully nude.

This post was edited

The article isn't anti-nude sleeping, except for the one doc who's concerned about expelling fecal matter with gas (how rigorous is the research on this, anyway? I expel gas all day long and I'm not encountering fecal matter in my boxer briefs). But then, I'm not sharing a bed with anyone.

The main criteria should be around sleep quality:

1) If you're nervous about being exposed in an emergency, then by all means, wear something to bed. If you're not (like me), then go naked.
2) If you dislike getting tangled in underwear or PJs every time you turn over in bed, then go naked (me for sure).
3) If you feel uncomfortable going to sleep exposed, then cover up without dressing up. This applies to me, I don't sleep comfortably without a sheet or blanket. I prefer the feeling of a covering.
4) If it seems like an inconvenience to get dressed to go to bed when you've been naked all evening, then just go to bed naked.

I agree with replies above, that we should all assess our sleep quality, and base our choice on that.

This post was edited

The article isn't anti-nude sleeping, except for the one doc who's concerned about expelling fecal matter with gas (how rigorous is the research on this, anyway? I expel gas all day long and I'm not encountering fecal matter in my boxer briefs). But then, I'm not sharing a bed with anyone.The main criteria should be around sleep quality:1) If you're nervous about being exposed in an emergency, then by all means, wear something to bed. If you're not (like me), then go naked.2) If you dislike getting tangled in underwear or PJs every time you turn over in bed, then go naked (me for sure).3) If you feel uncomfortable going to sleep exposed, then cover up without dressing up. This applies to me, I don't sleep comfortably without a sheet or blanket. I prefer the feeling of a covering.4) If it seems like an inconvenience to get dressed to go to bed when you've been naked all evening, then just go to bed naked.I agree with replies above, that we should all assess our sleep quality, and base our choice on that.

1 can be solved by keeping something next to the bed.
2 ahead 3 both apply to me.
4 was part of how I became a full time nude sleeper. I had started swimming nude just before I went to bed and I decided not to put anything on. From there I progressed quickly to taking off what I was wearing on evenings I didn't swim. Since my wife likes it to change into sleepwear shortly after dinner, I soon started doing so to, but my sleepwear was my wedding ring and nothing else.

This post was edited

Since my wife likes it to change into sleepwear shortly after dinner, I soon started doing so to, but my sleepwear was my wedding ring and nothing else.

This is very funny. And entirely appropriate. Thanks

This post was edited

Even if you're not getting tangled, giving your body a rest from being constrained by clothing is nice.

This post was edited

My partner and I have always slept naked... and we wash the sheets every week! It's a personal preference, like so many things some people argue about (cock rings, shaved or hairy, etc etc). My only other point would be that if you, or someone you know, is saying they wear sleepwear because to sleep naked is a bit disgusting (or rude, or whatever), then that's a warning sign.

This post was edited

As my own personal rule-yes. I almost always sleep nude. But every once in a while, I will sleep in underwear & a t-shirt. Theres no real logic to it, I just do it. I sure hope no one is about to start the sleeping police; that could turn out very badly.

This post was edited

As my own personal ruleyes. I almost always sleep nude. But every once in a while, I will sleep in underwear & a t-shirt. Theres no real logic to it, I just do it. I sure hope no one is about to start the sleeping policethat could turn out very badly.

I don't have any underwear or undershirts so that wouldn't be an option for me,

This post was edited

Seems odd, I'm naked around the house all day, hardly wear any clothes out in public when I do have to dress, so why would I not sleep nude? Putting on PJ's probably the last thing I would ever do!

This post was edited

Seems odd, I'm naked around the house all day, hardly wear any clothes out in public when I do have to dress, so why would I not sleep nude? Putting on PJ's probably the last thing I would ever do!

Surveys seem to indicate that in the US, the most popular sleepwear for men in the US is underwear and nude is second. Therefore, few US men put something on to sleep, it's more a matter of how much they take off. For those of us who don't wear underwear, nude is the logical option.

This post was edited