Do not respond messages.

Many times people post messages with a topic that is so gross or disgusting that clearer thinking individuals would do anything to make it disappear from the Recent Forum Activities page. In order to do this they often will post a message asking others to "Do not respond". This is all well and good but it only brings the thread back to the top of the activities list. I have afew suggestions to help solve this problem. One, you can start a new thread, like I'm doing now. Two, you can comment on another thread. Three, you can make a bump of another worthwhile subject. Or four, you can make a comment on, or bumpthis thread. Let's do what we can to clear the stomach turning trash from the Forum.

This topic was edited
RE: Do not respond messages.

Bump.......

This post was edited

I agree with you Desertrat, there is just one thing you forgot to mention and that is to flag the offending message.

This post was edited

I agree with you Desertrat, there is just one thing you forgot to mention and that is to flag the offending message.

american freedom of speech at its best NOT,
just because you dont like what someone says dosnt give you the right to flag them.

This post was edited

I'll stand by what I said in the first message. If you re-read what I said, it was directed to individuals who wanted a thread to disappear from the Recent Forum Activities. By posting a "do not respond message" thay had the effect of doing just what they didn't want to do. They moved the thread to the top of the Recent Forum Activities list. My use of the term clear thinking individuals referred to the members who would like to move the discussion out of the gutter and up to a higher plane. I am willing to discuss anything but I don't want to crawl through the mud to do it. If you want to discuss crawling through the mud, let's do it, but let's keep it on a plane that is intellectually stimulating. To some, that may sound as elitist, but nothing is really ever accomplished by name calling and taking the low road. I'm talking about having a discussion here. If you want to engage in street fighting, then the rules change dramatically. There is no room here for anything other than discussion.

This post was edited
Another budding Craigslist Rant n Rave, just what the world needs

And to think how I thought nudists in general were above such crap. I've gotten so I skim the opening comment or idea then if it isn't worth reading just move on. It isn't worth getting all worked up over and risking a stroke. Like flipping channels on the TV, if it isn't worth watching then just move on. I have cable and lots of channels yet there are times when I don't see anything worth watching. Of course there are certain individuals that get their jollys by baiting with an outlandish post and then watching to see how many writers will bite.

This post was edited

I'll stand by what I said in the first message. If you re-read what I said, it was directed to individuals who wanted a thread to disappear from the Recent Forum Activities. By posting a "do not respond message" thay had the effect of doing just what they didn't want to do. They moved the thread to the top of the Recent Forum Activities list. My use of the term clear thinking individuals referred to the members who would like to move the discussion out of the gutter and up to a higher plane. I am willing to discuss anything but I don't want to crawl through the mud to do it. If you want to discuss crawling through the mud, let's do it, but let's keep it on a plane that is intellectually stimulating. To some, that may sound as elitist, but nothing is really ever accomplished by name calling and taking the low road. I'm talking about having a discussion here. If you want to engage in street fighting, then the rules change dramatically. There is no room here for anything other than discussion.

Bump and bump

This post was edited

Perhaps it isn't to have them disappear as to alert others to just not post there?!!

This post was edited

just because you dont like what someone says dosnt give you the right to flag them.
I love our freedom of speech and I will and have flagged for the abuse of our much loved freedom of speech.

This post was edited

American freedom of speech is a constitutionally provided "right" to criticise the government, and the politicians running for office, and holding those offices.
NOTHING more !!

This post was edited

I love our freedom of speech and I will and have flagged for the abuse of our much loved freedom of speech.
I am English not American, so do not know your statutes in detail, but if I have understood correctly I agree with you.

If you have the "right to free speech" then logically other folks should have the right to be treated with dintity alsoe. Really they go hand in hand. The problem is that some folke don't seem to see that with rights come responsibilities.
I was not advocating flagging just because you disagree with an opinion (that would be wrog) but if it breaks the TOS of the site that is a different thing altogether.

This post was edited