New to nudism -scaaaaaary

Hi all!
So I recently turn 40 and as part of my goals for the future I want to (for the first time ever) learn to accept myself and start loving me in my own skin. Something I never managed to do no matter how much I tried.
I never tried nudism before and not many people have seen me naked other than the occasional partner and even more occasional shower in a lockeroom but no matter what I always felt ashamed of my fat, scar-covered old body.
This needs to stop, I'm not going to live whatever I have left feeling like I can't even take my shirt at the beach.
So I'm doing immersive therapy here I guess hehhee.
My plan is to "use" the naturist community (which seams to be very "non-jugmental" and open) to learn to love myself.

So in the spirit of that, if anyone around the Warwickshire, UK area wants yo meet up for a drink and a chat (moatlikely clothed at first as I'm too scared at the moment) feel free to hit me up! Age, gender, sexuality and any other "thing" are unimportant.

And if anyone has any advise about how to approach nudism for the first time fell free to share it..

:)

This topic was edited
RE:New to nudism -scaaaaaary

You might want to start by using the Search feature at the top left of this page to find other TN members in or near to your area. Then you can send them a personal message and see how it goes from there.

This post was edited

It's all scary. But once you confront it, the scare is more childish like Halloween costumes. I find inner acceptance of feelings - the naked emotional self - to be a much greater challenge than slipping off my pants. Work on both and you're rockin it. Good luck.

This post was edited

I never tried nudism before and not many people have seen me naked other than the occasional partner and even more occasional shower in a lockeroom but no matter what I always felt ashamed of my fat, scar-covered old body.

In a truly naturist environment, nobody gives a damn about your fat, scar-covered old body. They see the real you instead. So cross that off your list of reasons not to be nude.

Have you made contact with British Naturists yet? They'll be very useful in helping you make contact with the people in your community.

This post was edited