Yes or No

While attending nude beaches and resorts I enjoy looking at others and sharing my nude body with other. (Nothing sexual, no staring, no gawking) just enjoying the nude form. I have been told that this is wrong and is not what nudism is about. Is this true. Do "real" nudists not look at each others body? Serious replies only please.

This topic was edited
RE:Yes or No

I read a recent news t report about a man being shot dead on a nudist beach for preforming a sex act in front of some women.

That is a bit extreme but naturists are very quick to work out just who the creepy people are and soon let them know they are not welcome.

This post was edited

While attending nude beaches and resorts I enjoy looking at others and sharing my nude body with other. (Nothing sexual, no staring, no gawking) just enjoying the nude form. I have been told that this is wrong and is not what nudism is about. Is this true. Do "real" nudists not look at each others body? Serious replies only please.

There is nudist etiquette and there is everything else. Consider yourself a true nudist if you can take a quick look at another nudist, maybe smile, but then send your gaze elsewhere withing a couple of seconds. I mean one or two seconds, no longer, or you are not being respectful. And further, once you have taken in your pleasant first view of another human body, it is quite rude to keep glancing back at them.

Most nudists who go to beaches expect a little looky-look, but if you can't control your eyes you'll make them uncomfortable and likely make them re-locate their towels to another spot, quite understandably.

When it comes to resorts, if you can't stop yourself from looking back to their fair bare body over and over, either you'll get told by the management to leave the resort, or at least be confronted by the other person or their friend to mind your manners.

Now IF the person you have explored with your eyes in that first, fleeting moment notices your glance and likes you looking at them, then it is they who can then make any next moves of engagement, not YOU! You're not likely to get much positive reaction from anyone at all if all you do is lay on your lounge chair on your tummy and pretend your eyes are closed behind your sunglasses.
And your butt will get burned as well.

We all like to be seen and see others, that's a big part of what keeps us coming back to nude places. There are people who cannot control their urge to keep their eyes coming back for more, and those people should stick to the internet for their need for more skin - leave the live people to us others who can control their actions appropriately.

This post was edited

Simple answer - It is never good form to stare at other people whether clothed or nude. Like others looking at you? Relax and enjoy as much as you like, but don't make any inappropriate movements or gestures.

This post was edited

I think yes
Real nudists will look at others but not stare
The body is a work of art
I enjoy being nude and dont mind if they look
When I speak with other nudists, talk to them as if they were fully clothed.

This post was edited

I would say a big NO most people who go to nude/clothing optional beaches dont want to be ogled or confronted with people who want to show off themselves (its called exhibitionism by the way) . So no dont ruin the experience for other beach goers and potentially risk the beach being targeted by authorities because of inappropriate behavior. DONT BE THAT GUY as in the creepy nude beach guy. Hiding behind glasses doesnt work. Go to a venue where that kind of behavior is the intent or norm.

This post was edited

I read a recent news t report about a man being shot dead on a nudist beach for preforming a sex act in front of some women.That is a bit extreme but naturists are very quick to work out just who the creepy people are and soon let them know they are not welcome.

Here is link to that article

https://www.foxnews.com/world/nudist-arrested-shooting-fellow-nudist-exposed-himself-woman

This post was edited

I think yesReal nudists will look at others but not stareThe body is a work of artI enjoy being nude and dont mind if they lookWhen I speak with other nudists, talk to them as if they were fully clothed.

Basically my feelings also.

This post was edited

There's a big difference between looking around to orient yourself and leering. Even clothed people find it creepy when someone stares at them.

Great response. Gotta all these folks who justify the behavior by suggesting the are just appreciating the naked body without thinking how it impacts the people they are creepin on. No wonder mainstream folks particularly women think nudists are just pervs when that is how they perceive all of us.

This post was edited

I'll take in the scene around me, but definitely don't want to be a gawker. Conversely, I've never been worried about others looking at me.

This post was edited

This is perfectly natural. Anyone that thinks otherwise is lying to themselves or they may have a hypoactive disorder. Reproduction is human nature and part of our animal instinct and natural selection process. One may appreciate a beautiful nude and be drawn to it, as a work of art. Just appreciate that it is belongs to someone else. Being the target of overt and innappropriate ogling or behaviour can be unsettling to varying degrees. It is important to be respectful of boundaries. Instead, try a conversation starter, or just move on. If someone is staring at me, I might usually take that as a compliment but I've also been a bit creeped out at times. I'm confident that there are a great number of people have discovered each other in a nudist environment, that developed into something much more than platonic. Staring, in all likelihood is not going to get you too far. It may instead, ilicit a negative response from the target of your admiration. They might also be completely oblivious to it, or even enjoy the attention. I think a lot of it also depends on the features and general etiquette practices of the venue itself. Some locations for example are just not that conducive to having an expectation of any sort of anonymity.

This post was edited