DOES ANYONE KNOW? Considering deleting my account...

If I delete my account will tn still have access to photos and videos on my page?

This topic was edited
RE:DOES ANYONE KNOW? Considering deleting my account...

If I delete my account will tn still have access to photos and videos on my page?

Even if you delete them first. When you delete media, the only thing that gets deleted is the link to the media on the media server. The actual media remains. Admins are aware because I told them. It has not been rectified.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

If I delete my account will tn still have access to photos and videos on my page?Even if you delete them first. When you delete media, the only thing that gets deleted is the link to the media on the media server. The actual media remains. Admins are aware because I told them. It has not been rectified.John aka cobeachbum

Thank you John. I appreciate your response and effort... Imagine that, no rectification here. All the more reason to stop posting pictures at the very minimum.

This post was edited

If I delete my account will tn still have access to photos and videos on my page?Even if you delete them first. When you delete media, the only thing that gets deleted is the link to the media on the media server. The actual media remains. Admins are aware because I told them. It has not been rectified.John aka cobeachbum
Most server software systems have a housekeeping function that periodically collects all unused space (including deleted items) into one block for re-use. This either runs at specified times such as weekends for office systems or runs automatically in the background when the usage level is low, such as the small hours of the morning.
I strongly suspect that in due course your photographs, etc. would get over-written.

This post was edited

I'm no software engineer but I've come to understand that by putting anything on the internet it is there forever. Most nudists have open minds about letting others see their real selves - once bareness has been displayed online it is then available to anyone with the knowledge it takes to access it. Your Velvet Elvis pictures and videos have already left the building ~ sorry ~ but for inner beauty's sake (aka mental health), I suggest taking a breath, try to relax, accept it, and be proud of the freedom that comes with no longer hiding one's outer beauty from the Inter-verse.

If I delete my account will tn still have access to photos and videos on my page?Even if you delete them first. When you delete media, the only thing that gets deleted is the link to the media on the media server. The actual media remains. Admins are aware because I told them. It has not been rectified.John aka cobeachbumMost server software systems have a housekeeping function that periodically collects all unused space (including deleted items) into one block for re-use. This either runs at specified times such as weekends for office systems or runs automatically in the background when the usage level is low, such as the small hours of the morning.I strongly suspect that in due course your photographs, etc. would get over-written.

This post was edited

If I delete my account will tn still have access to photos and videos on my page?Even if you delete them first. When you delete media, the only thing that gets deleted is the link to the media on the media server. The actual media remains. Admins are aware because I told them. It has not been rectified.John aka cobeachbumMost server software systems have a housekeeping function that periodically collects all unused space (including deleted items) into one block for re-use. This either runs at specified times such as weekends for office systems or runs automatically in the background when the usage level is low, such as the small hours of the morning.I strongly suspect that in due course your photographs, etc. would get over-written.

I can verify this does NOT happen. I have a test I run periodically to call up media I deleted years ago. They are still on the media server, even after all this time. Some years ago, TN added a blurb that anything you post on here may remain indefinitely due to backups/recoveries, etc. I don't really remember if the blurb got added before or after I notified them of the media issue, but regardless, it hasn't been fixed. The media remains, apparentley forever.

John aka cobeachbum

Here's the blurb:

Deleting your account
Although we make a reasonable attempt to remove your information from our servers, your data may persist even after deletion in system backups, content delivery caches, or stored by 3rd party services that have cached your data (e.g. Search Engines or bots). Information posted to forums, or some sections of the site, may persist even after your account has been removed.

This post was edited

How do you delete your account?

Click on your profile
Your account
My settings
Account (tab)
At the bottom is "I would like to close my account"

Notice, it doesn't say "delete"

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Sounds like the TN owners need some help in their IT department.

This post was edited

Well, if one of their goals was to harvest images for dispersion elsewhere, or to bring attention to their site by linking to others, it appears that it's working exactly as designed.

This post was edited

WEB design is what they do.

SocialCo Media | Dream. Design. Deliver.https://www.socialcomedia.com
We create complex interactive web applications. Social Networking. Fully developed social networking components. Instant Messaging Systems. We are developing ...

This post was edited

IEven if you delete them first. When you delete media, the only thing that gets deleted is the link to the media on the media server. The actual media remains. Admins are aware because I told them. It has not been rectified.John aka cobeachbum
One of the problems you run into when you role your own web site instead of building on regularly updated platform. That doesnt comply with GDPR

This post was edited