How to spot fraudulent accounts

If you have only one profile picture and haven't updated anything since then, it's highly likely that you have a fraudulent account, right?

If you have 3 or more photos of the same person, do you feel like you can trust them?

There are many people who ask for money or gift cards to ask for help by inviting them to hangouts and pretending that they have become friends.

This topic was edited
RE:How to spot fraudulent accounts

A quick look at your friends list suggests you like sexy young nubile women.

I think thats why you are getting scammed mate. In reality they dont join nudist websites.

This post was edited

Certainly, a heterosexual straight man like me is ready to risk being deceived.

If Who're a gay homosexual man, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

This post was edited

Actually, those of us listed as gay get lots and lots of fake-profile hits, too, from profiles pretending to be handsome men. The Men Are Idiots rule applies regardless of sexual orientation.

This post was edited

There are all types of fake profiles on this site, and they are here because they have some success in doing what they do. Then there is those that just believe that they be taken, or what to be the 'special' guy that is lucky to be found by that individual they seek. Plus a good deal are looking to have 'fun' under the their definition of nudism. I've found that all those fake accounts the send me messages or do other actions towards me and my profile, those accounts are usually closed within a couples of days. There is a whole other world out there that lives on the needs of guys that are in search of happy fun times, and those guys look on here and that's why there is those fake profiles looking to draw them and I'm sure some do follow into those www sites. The rest of us, can block and ignore. I good indication of fake profile, one pic. not much if any profile, of course the www site listed, they eventually want you to go to another site to chat.

This post was edited

Certainly, a heterosexual straight man like me is ready to risk being deceived..

You are exactly the type these fake profiles are looking for. Stay safe.

This post was edited

Certainly, a heterosexual straight man like me is ready to risk being deceived.If Who're a gay homosexual man, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

OMG yes, the victimhood of straight men is so very real! It's a global crisis really! *eyeroll*

OP, I also looked thru your friend list, and it seems like nearly every female profile I clicked on looks fake to me. I would suggest you rethink your entire friend strategy on sites like this. I would also suggest gay men are at a lot more of a risk because we might get assaulted or worse if we engage with some psycho with raging internalized homophobia, conflicting desires, and warped world views. BTW, Trans men/women are even more vulnerable, but anyway... You just have to be a little critical when accepting friend requests. It takes 5 seconds to spot a fake profile. But more broadly, IMO, women that pretty are not on this website friending men across the world for fun. They don't have to... think about it, men flock to them everywhere they go. Look, gay/straight, we are all guilty of "dickful thinking"... it's when a man lets his own sexual interest in someone strongly color his judgement regarding the person's reciprocal interest in him or authenticity. It makes him interpret every gesture from his object of interest as a come on, even when it clearly isn't.

- Relatively new account with incomplete information and stats = fake
- Overly produced and/or model-worthy photos = fake
- Photos that are too sexy = fake (Real nudist women are often trying to downplay their sexuality in nudist spaces because men can be so relentless they don't want for attention)
- If you look closely at the pictures, you'll even notice it's not the same person in all the pics = fake
- friending large quantities of men in a short period of time = fake
- If you do chat with them and they sound like a robot and use weird punctuation = fake
- If they are generally way out of your league and trying to friend you = fake

This post was edited

Google image search is also a good tool. If the photo is somewhere in the internet = fake

This post was edited

ones i have noticed too are the ones that have a web address in there about me profile info

i.e - www.nude69.fun and one other for a gay website

This post was edited

If you have only one profile picture and haven't updated anything since then, it's highly likely that you have a fraudulent account, right?If you have 3 or more photos of the same person, do you feel like you can trust them?There are many people who ask for money or gift cards to ask for help by inviting them to hangouts and pretending that they have become friends.

It's all in the ask, which if it makes no sense socially outside of being lusty, lecherous, random, or inappropriate (single guy messaging the woman in a couple only, young coed from the pages of sports illustrated wanting single male freinds, and rather than what's in the profile *which matters too* I look at how they write, and what they write, earnest, awkward, honest, and self revealing texts with little to no catchphrases and with manners (this one is a huge giveaway, non polite people online first thing cold call off the bat are showing you one way or the other whats up) genuinely tends to mean real person at the other end. No pics isn't the end of the world, but when you ask why not, if the answer isn't "I am on here secretly because x,y,z, I am very scared and worried about exposure, or something pretty revealing and vulnerable, I generally flag that, like those who say they dont have a camera or the time in this day and age are pushing the boundaries of the believable hard as heck.

The previous responder nails it for the one and most important give away and thats anyone who wants money, change, or even the smell of cash in exchange for your time online is a fraudster.

This post was edited