Lone man

As a male without a participating partner living far away from any major cities I feel Im not welcome to the nudist community

This topic was edited
RE:Lone man

The community is larger than you think. I have connected with many people over the years that don't live near me. Nudism is being comfortable in your own skin. Body acceptance. It's non judgemental. I am in a similar situation as you. And it is difficult to find others around me. Nudist resorts are bit of travel for me. So I connect with the community where I can. This is one place. There are many others. I've met nudists from all over the world. All of them over video chat.

This post was edited

Is this just a feeling, or have you actually encountered situations where you were unwelcome?

This post was edited

Mostly just a feeling stemming from seeing most everywhere I look it always says no single men

This post was edited

Do you mean on this site, or in actual nudist spaces?
Many people here grumble about restrictions onsingle males, but that's very location specific.

I'm functionally a single male because I attend nudist activities without my partner, and I've never been prevented from going somewhere or made to feel unwelcome. I can't speak to what it's like anywhere other than where I live, but don't assume that you're unwelcome, check things out for yourself.

This post was edited

Wish I could visit a nudist location but they are all several hours away from me so my only interaction is online

This post was edited

Don't put too much stock in what you read unless it's on the official site of somewhere you plan to visit.

Single men are not universally unwelcome as some people here seem to think.

This post was edited

On the one hand: yes it's harder when you're a single male. I've experienced the "quiet suspicion" of my motives being there myself.

On the other hand: there are plenty of single males at my resort. My wife and I are good friends with one of them (and acquaintances with others); and not only is she not "suspicious" of him at all, but she is actually quite comfortable socializing naked with him.

The issue of single males being "pariahs" is a bit exaggerated. And it doesn't apply to every single male at every single resort.

This post was edited

nudony wrote:The issue of single males being "pariahs" is a bit exaggerated. And it doesn't apply to every single male at every single resort.

Granted, I've mainly been to nudist resorts on the West Coast, but I have found this to be true. While as a whole, there may be some suspicion concerning our interest in nudism, it isn't an issue unless the guy is making an ass of himself. And like most social situations, any outsider will need a little time before he's accepted as one of the gang. It helps if you go with others you know.

Which leads me to another recommendation. If you live far from those resorts, make a road trip out of it and plan to spend a bit of time traveling. If you can make arrangements to have another person along, or to make contact with locals via this web site or others, so much the better. But there are a lot of folks who live 400 miles away from anything, and they do what they have to do.

This post was edited

We primarily stick to couples given past poor experiences with single males here at home. At our club it's a different setting. There we can just go to bed and turn the outdoor lights out leaving them sitting in the dark when to much alcohol has taken over.
Besides one way or another don't mess with Frank.
When Nudony was single we would have had zero problem for him to stay over at our house. He's a good stand up guy and we know it. We have seen to many guys morph into different people when the alcohol kicks in and then into repulsive types. Oddly enough if a wife is on scene things are kept in "check" with a couple.

This post was edited

We primarily stick to couples given past poor experiences with single males here at home....We have seen to many guys morph into different people when the alcohol kicks in and then into repulsive types. Oddly enough if a wife is on scene things are kept in "check" with a couple.

Funny how single men are not only perverts, they're drunken perverts. Is this all inevitable because we are penis carriers and it magically changes in the power of the WIFEY? I was unwelcome from resorts as a single dad of two elementary school kids at a time in my life when I had anything but time for drinking and perversion.

sexism /seksizm/
prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination on the basis of sex

This post was edited