Appliance Repairmen, Piano Tuner, Insurance Salesmen

When I schedule an appointment for someone to come to my house -- regardless of whether I called them or they called me -- after all of the arrangements have been made and just before we hang up, I say, "Oh, I'm a nudist and will not be wearing clothing. Will that be a problem?"

So, far, no one has objected or refused to come out to my house. I've let them know in advance so they can make the decision of whether or not to come to my house. There's no surprise at the door.

Most don't seem to care at all. Neither averting their gaze or taking a gander -- just another customer. This has been: appliance repairmen, appliance installers, plumber, chimney sweep, insurance adjuster, piano tuner, residential well repair, insurance salesmen, and furnace repair.

The funny one was the furnace repairman. Just as with everyone else, I let him know in advance that I would be nude. He said that was fine. However, when he arrived, it was clear that he was exceptionally uncomfortable. Now, keep in mind that I don't hang around and get in the way. In this case, I had the garage door open and the furnace door open. He didn't have to walk through the house. Pointed to it and went back into the house. Later he called into the house and indicated that he needed me to come out there. He make a huge point of NOT facing in my direction -- kept his back to me while we talked. When I paid him, he needed to face me so I could hand him the money. His body was facing my direction, but he was looking up at the ceiling. Very comical. I guess he really needed the money.

Something to do nude. Stay nude when you have appliance repairmen come out to your house.

This topic was edited
RE:Appliance Repairmen, Piano Tuner, Insurance Salesmen

I had a insurance woman call me and set up a appointment. I didn't tell her I was a nudist. So I was cleaning my upstairs apartment when she showed up. She texted me she was here and I said just come up. I was in the kitchen when she came in. I peek around the corner to show her where I was. She said are you nude? I said yes. She then says that seeing someone nude is against her religion. She wanted me dressed. So she steps out into stairway while I walk past her to get clothes on. If you seen one naked guy you've seen them all.

This post was edited

If I was doing some thing that made a fellow human being extremely uncomfortable, Id stop doing it. Knowing it would only be for the short time they were in my presence it would be simple for me.

Id never find others discomfort funny or intentionally try to make them even more uncomfortable.

Thats not the type of naturist I am or would want other to think of me as.

This post was edited

I must totally agree with you, Steve. There is no need to cause other folks unnecessary angst.

This post was edited

If I was doing some thing that made a fellow human being extremely uncomfortable, Id stop doing it. Knowing it would only be for the short time they were in my presence it would be simple for me.Id never find others discomfort funny or intentionally try to make them even more uncomfortable.Thats not the type of naturist I am or would want other to think of me as.

If you're talking about the heater repair guy who came out to my house, he knew in advanced and made his choice to be there. Also, if you read what I said about it, you'd know that I stayed away from him except when my presence was actually required.

This post was edited

The funny one was the furnace repairman. Just as with everyone else, I let him know in advance that I would be nude. He said that was fine. However, when he arrived, it was clear that he was exceptionally uncomfortable.

Regardless of what he thought he was walking in to, you found his exceptional un-comfort funny and continued to make him feel this way when he required your presence.

Well done, you got exactly what you wanted.

This post was edited

The funny one was the furnace repairman. Just as with everyone else, I let him know in advance that I would be nude. He said that was fine. However, when he arrived, it was clear that he was exceptionally uncomfortable.Regardless of what he thought he was walking in to, you found his exceptional un-comfort funny and continued to make him feel this way when he required your presence.Well done, you got exactly what you wanted.

Must be nice to be omniscient. Narcissistic Personality Disorder is actually fairly rare among nudist/naturists -- but you seem to be the exception.

What did I want? To be nude in my own house. He knew in advance that I would be nude. If that were a problem for him, he could have refused to come out. He made his own decision. I kept away from him except when my presence was actually needed.

Spew your venom somewhere else. Please.

This post was edited

Thank you for elevating me to the Godhood level.

On a naturist website
In a, Things to do nude forum, where normal people would say, swim, sunbathe, play volleyball and mini tennis, socially interact with other naturists. Normal stuff.

A thing you want to do nude is invite tradespeople and other professionals into your home so you can be naked in front of them, thats what you want to do, and if you make them feel uncomfortable, you find that funny, take pleasure in it.

Me saying you got exactly what you wanted is not omniscience. Its just being able to read.

Well done, have a happy life.

This post was edited

No one was fooled or tricked into being there. No one was caught off guard by my nudity.

The one guy (out of very many) who was uncomfortable, was their by his own volition. If he did something that made himself uncomfortable, that's on him. And, yes, it was funny because he chose to be there. And, guess what, no one died. Maybe next time, he'll decide to decline the offer of employment.

You're not the first narcissist with whom I've had the displeasure of interacting.

This post was edited

Anyone is welcome to exercise their right to be nude in their own personal space, just as any repair people who are forewarned - of nudism or any other aberrant issues at a residence - have every right to refuse the business, or add a note to their records to not return to that address due to anything the service person is confronted with during a professional visit. Whether it be dangerous conditions like hoarding or an unfriendly pet, or even something as benign as the scent of cooked cabbage in the air, ensuring their full comfort and showing respect for people who are doing you a favor by being there should be maintained. Offering them a beverage is also nice if they didn't bring their own, or if the call ends up being longer than expected, even a simple bite to eat will likely be appreciated.

Nakedness does have its limits. Even living here in a nude resort full time, and feeling annoyance if we have to wear anything, we certainly do offer the respect a professional deserves by putting something on during their stay, not only because if they are excellent at their profession we may want or need their services in the future. Finding amusement through another person's lack of comfort seems at some level cruel. In your face does little to further the cause of nudism, regardless of where it occurs.

This post was edited

If I was doing some thing that made a fellow human being extremely uncomfortable, Id stop doing it. Knowing it would only be for the short time they were in my presence it would be simple for me.Id never find others discomfort funny or intentionally try to make them even more uncomfortable.Thats not the type of naturist I am or would want other to think of me as.

This is such an important point to make. Those who have this I dont care about how anyone feels but me are truly only interested in them selves and their agenda. When people take that approach it plays right into the hands of those who want to see nudism disappear. It doesnt really help promote naturism but feels the individuals preoccupation with nakedness.

This post was edited