RE:More or less

Paradoxically, the best way to get over it is to go out and do it.
Being out at events is how you 1. Realize that others aren't judging you as much as you're judging yourself 2. Learn that the opinions of those few who would actually voice judgement don't actually matter.

This post was edited

Paradoxically, the best way to get over it is to go out and do it.Being out at events is how you 1. Realize that others aren't judging you as much as you're judging yourself 2. Learn that the opinions of those few who would actually voice judgement don't actually matter.

That would be my advice as well but apparently he has been in nudist context before and that didnt work.

This post was edited

By Hollersloud:

frankly we don't give a dam what others think

Indeed, it's a superpower, or at least a privilege. I know I could look better, but it's not the thing stopping me now. Love the level of acceptance that comes with nudism.

This post was edited

If I want to be naked and along, that's fairly easy to do. When I'm among people, as I've gotten older, I spend much less time just sitting, lying, or walking around doing nothing in particular but sense myself being looked at. I'm much more interested in being engaged with the people around me. So I think that counts as being less self-conscious, but it takes more than internal work. It has taken a fundamental change in how I inhabit naked spaces. I consider that to be personal growth.

This post was edited

I got roasted by my last post about a real concern i have, so I just deleted it. Let me ask this instead.As I have gotten older, and my body is not the same as it was 25 years ago, I have become much more self conscious and more reluctant to go to nudist events.Have you gotten more or less comfortable with your body as it has aged?

Why would a good looking guy like you have become self conscious about his maturing body ? You are getting into the prime of your life, so what if you don't look like you did 25 years before, we all change as we get older, if you have developed what's called a dad bod, then wear it with pride, a little midriff expansion does not detract from you as a person or as someone who is attractive (note I am not using a sexual meaning to my words).

I am saying this to you because of your pictures on your profile, you have no need to be worried about anything to do with your physique, nudity and naturism are not just for the young, it is for everyone, if you are on a beach naked, you are there to enjoy yourself and have a great day, not compare what used to be, never be reluctant to venture to any nudist events, you are letting your own thoughts get the better of you, there is nothing wrong with you in any way, shape or form.

For my own defence, I just say, take me as and for what and who I am, I am not there for your benefit, just my own, enjoy your naked day and top up that tan.

You are a beautiful human being and man as you are, just be yourself and enjoy.

This post was edited

Youre absolutely right. I think my greater issue is not being comfortable with the current state of my body and aging.

May I ask what your actual issue with your body and aging is ? May I also ask you what your previous posting on here was about, where you got roasted instead of being given some decent advice !

If you need to you can leave a more personal message via my profile, only if you wish to ! If you think I am being too nosey, then please say so. I am not looking to pry into your life, I would just like to give you advice if I can and help you get through your feelings.

There are more than a few people on here who will rip you to shreds for asking the most basic of questions, mainly because they assume you are being sexual when that is not often the case. Some think they are the Law on this site when they are not. Just over opinionated prudes some of them lol.

This post was edited

I totally agree. I feel more free and open at 70 yes old

This post was edited

I can assure you that I felt the same about nudity when I was 30 as I do now when I'm 75. What's changed is that I'm more aware of the fact that I don't have as much life left to live, which makes it more important to live what I have left in the way I want to live.

This post was edited

Is there a specific part of your body that you don't feel comfortable about?
Inhibitions and hang-ups about nudity generally stem from a feeling that being naked is some kind of beauty contest where others are judging you and your body.
Real nudists don't judge, they don't even care what you look like.
It is not a contest to see who has the best body.
If you abstain from getting naked, you'll just be miserable and feel that you'll never measure up.
As others have commented, just go out and do it.
It matters not what you look like.

This post was edited

Is there a specific part of your body that you don't feel comfortable ?.

Take a guess about what the deleted thread was about. You wont need three.

This post was edited