Advice for single guys first visit to nudist club

Sound advice from a U.S. national naturist organization (The Naturist Society) for single guys first visit to nudist club. Useful tips for single guys venturing into real life nudist from a online nudity.

https://naturistsociety.com/2022/12/28/advice-for-a-guys-first-nudist-club-visit/

This topic was edited
RE:Advice for single guys first visit to nudist club

The article says pretty much everything that needs to be said.

Most of it goes for women as well, although they don't have the fears of exhibiting sexual stimulation that the guys do.

There's a similar write-up on the AANR web site:

https://www.aanr.com/aanr-press-room/dos-and-donts-when-visiting-a-nude-beach-or-nudist-resort/

This post was edited

This advice could easily apply to any lone person attending a textile club or resort.

Which is why I always say, just behave as you would if you were dressed and you wont go wrong.

This post was edited

Which is why I always say, just behave as you would if you were dressed and you wont go wrong.

Agreed tho cads do tend to behave badly whether clothed or dressed.

This post was edited

Just go and have fun. Undress and don't even think about it. May guys think that they will get an erection when they attend a nudist resort or nude function. Believe me you wont if you are truly out there to be nude outdoors and among other nudists. Its the best feeling ever. Stay nude.

This post was edited

The article is completely correct!

I have never been to such clubs and campsites, but I have been to the beaches.

I would like to add that on the first visit any person is visible. If the visitor is adequate, does not stare at visitors, does not use covertly recording devices and does not photograph everyone around without permission - regular visitors will always approach such a person. Among them is a guarantee! there will be both women and men. And then - it's just communication and how much you are a sociable person, so you will have time to get acquainted with visitors.

This post was edited

Nakeemon wrote:

Very good advice for sure. One thing I was made aware of about one aanr Park ..., BRING YOUR WALLET, seems Single Males, which I am one myself, are not treated equally to single women, especially the young single women.

This situation has been addressed many times before in this forum. I agree that it is discrimination and should be ended. But, as AANR points out, they leave differential pricing policies to the individual resorts, who are doing what they think best to achieve what they deem to be a reasonable balance between male and female participants.

About all you can do, as an AANR member, is to write them and let them know how unhappy you are with this kind of pricing. If they get enough complaints, they might put pressure on the resorts to dial it back.

I do wonder sometimes about how women feel about this. On the one hand, it obviously works in their favor financially, and they are bound to feel more comfortable if they weren't the only woman around. But on the other hand, they've been subjected to lots of discrimination in the workplace and in things like prices of clothing, which (one would think) would make them more sensitive to the whole idea of gender discrimination.

This post was edited

Nakeemon points out discriminatory pricing at resorts but fails to mention that the fees only apply if the resorts lets you in. There's a lot of gate discrimination as well. Last summer I tried to made a reservation at a resort in Wisconsin to be instructed that I had to enter everything in an online form that didn't work. I sent screenshots of all the information required but it was rejected and I received a refund. I imagine it's easier in places like Florida or California, but that's tough for a quick weekend away.
So my advice for single guys first visit to US nudist club: don't bother, it's not worth the effort. Check out if there's any suitable recreation - a big enough pool to actually swim in? Trails long enough to hike instead of a short stroll around a few mobile homes? I'm sure there are great places to discover that welcome you, but chances are they're not within 500 miles of Chicago or many US locations. Good luck!

This post was edited

So my advice for single guys first visit to US nudist club: don't bother, it's not worth the effort.

Not my experience on the West Coast. As an unaccompanied man, I have never been denied entrance to a naturist resort, nor have I paid more than a woman would for entry. I have always felt welcome. Of course, I show my TNS membership card at the gate, and the card lists my wife as well (although she's not a naturist).

This post was edited

Absolutely right if you arent there with a sexual focus then you will be doing other nonsexual activity that doesnt promote sexual arousal.

Just go and have fun. Undress and don't even think about it. May guys think that they will get an erection when they attend a nudist resort or nude function. Believe me you wont if you are truly out there to be nude outdoors and among other nudists. Its the best feeling ever. Stay nude.

This post was edited

Not my experience in the Midwest either. Sometimes people like to generalize their experience to mean something that it isnt before first examining what might be on them. Just today on Reddit someone with a username that suggested a primary focus on sex was complaining about being denied entry based on a criminal background check. According to the person they only have parking ticket. Do you take them at their word or maybe there is more to it. That IMO is the issue with the singles who scream discrimination all the time. Acknowledge that is your experience based on factors related but may not be generalized.

So my advice for single guys first visit to US nudist club: don't bother, it's not worth the effort.Not my experience on the West Coast. As an unaccompanied man, I have never been denied entrance to a naturist resort, nor have I paid more than a woman would for entry. I have always felt welcome. Of course, I show my TNS membership card at the gate, and the card lists my wife as well (although she's not a naturist).

This post was edited