Who Will Drink From The Cup?

OK, you hockey fans!
Who do you think will get to take Lord Stanley's Cup home?
Boston or Vancouver?
They're both great teams to make it this far, but we think the Canucks have the edge.
Go Nucks!

This topic was edited
RE: Who Will Drink From The Cup?

I'm torn....I'm originally from Philly and so by natural selection, cannot cheer for a Boston Team unless they play the Yankees. And a proud American-as in US American.I'm not a steady follower of hockey since the Broad Street Bullies were around, but a big fan of UFC, and have cheered GSP (a Canadian) over US guys. Especially a specific New York Smart *ss.

Bruce, can you translate for all of us on the other side of the pond? LOL

This post was edited

I'm torn.... I'm originally from Philly and so by natural selection, cannot cheer for a Boston Team unless they play the Yankees. And a proud American-as in US American. I'm not a steady follower of hockey since the Broad Street Bullies were around, but a big fan of UFC, and have cheered GSP (a Canadian) over US guys. Especially a specific New York Smart *ss.
Bruce, can you translate for all of us on the other side of the pond? LOL
I live here and I'm not sure of what he said.

This post was edited

I'm torn.... I'm originally from Philly and so by natural selection, cannot cheer for a Boston Team unless they play the Yankees. And a proud American-as in US American. I'm not a steady follower of hockey since the Broad Street Bullies were around, but a big fan of UFC, and have cheered GSP (a Canadian) over US guys. Especially a specific New York Smart *ss.
Translation:
He can't decide who to cheer for, Vancouver Canucks or Boston Bruins.
He is originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, and because of a natural rivalry with neighbouring state Massachusettes and the city of Boston, he cannot bring himself to cheer for such a rival, unless it is the baseball team Boston Red Sox playing the New York Yankees. Red Sox and Yankees have a rivalry dating back about 100 years and any Boston fans would never cheer for New York and vice versa. Apparently, Bruce hates the New York teams more than the Boston teams. He is also a proud American born in the United States of America.
He has not followed the sport of ice hockey steadily since the mid-to-late 1970's and the era of the Broad Street Bullies. The Broad Street Bullies were a nickname given to the Philadelphia Flyers because they used their sticks more to hit people than to score goals. They also used their fists more often than any other team during that era.They played theirhome games at the Spectrum, an arenalocated on Broad Street in Philadelphia, and they "bullied" their way to two consecutive Stanley Cup championships (1974 and 1975), hence the nickname. Ironically, the 1974 championship was over Boston, and perhaps this is where the rivalry started?
Bruce is also a big fan of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), the pinnacle event for mixed martial arts. He has cheered on Canadian Georges St. Pierre (GSP) over American fighters, particularly an annoying, talkative fellow from New York (I am assuming he is referring to Matt Serra).

This post was edited

I've said it already, but I have to chime in here......GO CANUCKS!
Canucks over Boston in 6
First game shoed us just how close this series is going to be, lots of rough hits, lots of amazing goaltending at both ends, and lots of offensive action by both teams!
Living here on the west coast, I have to remain a dedicated Canucks fan, the Bruins dont have what it takes this time!

This post was edited
Canucks

I know nothing about hockey but am currently visiting Vancouver. Last night, when the home team scored in the final seconds of the game I could hear the cheers and screams from my hotel room many stories up. People were so elated that it was infectious. Plus I've had a wonderful time and enjoyed how friendly everyone is, so I'm rooting for the Canucks.

This post was edited

Since my Penguins got bounced in the playoffs, I have no horse in this race. If I have to cheer for someone then, I'll pick the underdog.

This post was edited

Should be a great series...these two teams are more evenly matched than people realize. However, the Canucks do have one crucial advantage: their transition speed. This would be especially lethal if their power play starts clicking.
Timmy Thomas might steal a game or two...but the Bruins sure got their work cut out for them...
Best of luck to both sides though!

This post was edited
RE: ... Hockey

When I lived in the northeast, I used to attend a game occasionally, but since I've been in SC, it's not on the top of my list. Both teams are good IMHO - it would be nice to see a team win that hasn't.

This post was edited
RE:Stanley Cup Finals

I have no allegiance to either team as I am a die hard leaf fan. Saying that I would like to Nashville win, if for no other reason that Subban can take the cup back to montreal and show the Habs they made a mistake, and share with the kids (assume the kids hospital be one of his stops)

This post was edited