RE:Why do textiles have preconceived ideas about us and how can we address them?

As someone who constantly says old naturism is dying and that a new more libertarian naturism is taking over, why do you continue to shout that the old dying out naturist way wont accept you because you are single and not join one of those new naturist places where the behaviour you advocate for is the norm?

Maybe I missed something, but at what point did Stoneandy advocate for libertarian nudism at resorts? He just finished commending a healthy way of behaving at resorts. Seems like intentional misinterpretation of what was said to beleaguer a point you make in every single post on threads. We all know your viewpoint Stevie, no need to copy and paste

This post was edited
RE:Why do textiles have preconceived ideas about us and how can we address them?

Thank you for remembering that my view is that my behaviour, my moral compass and my treatment of others does not change when I take my trousers off. I also only ever speak from personal experience. I never report second or third hand stories as fact, so no need to cut and paste. Well that actually makes my point very well.

My reply was directed to Stoneandy who Ive been debating with on hundreds of threads for over half a dozen years. He has many many times defended and even championed that new nudism (his words) means doing what ever you like. So when I see him reversing his view on this thread I wondered why.

You havent missed anything on this thread, but Ive read many more.

This post was edited

The discussion is not moved forward during a debate by turning it into something personal. In defense of everyone here, strong opinions are going to come up from time to time, and deeply-felt beliefs can be altered or even abandoned when given a fresh perspective or observation. Civility comes from respecting each other and also by not letting the conversation break down into he said/she said statements from the past. The lack of outward judgementalism in the nudist community as a whole is part of the reason I enjoy living among full time nudists. Find your filter when your hands begin writing.

By keeping comments respectful and as non-personal as possible, we strengthen the case for public nudism for the clothed world to witness. The anonymity of the internet lends itself to allowing opinions to flare up without respect for one another. The negatives of many social media platforms are minor when compared with the intensity of unchecked disregard. It will hurt the cause of nudism when judgement is seen here, and remember that everyone is watching. When I read the sort of aggressiveness this thread is moving into I'm reminded of the fake world of clothing and its out of control judgement-decreers. Let True Nudists be a place where more respect is found and expected and we all benefit.

This post was edited

Some Australian view points and opinions on your question, that is not going to morph into a religious discussion:

*1. Predatory males (of all sexual orientation) have continually decided that clothing optional beaches are ideal for sexual activity
* 2. Gender and ethnicity bias - the nude community in Australia (and many other countries) has an overwhelming over representation by white European extracted middle aged and older males; in short its not diverse enough and minorities will not use their voice
** these first two points auger heavily on media representation of nudism and why politicians don't back nudism or nudist progressiveness
3. We are not socially conditioned to wear clothes as they are worn for a range of purposes other than covering our bodies from the eyes of others - much study has been put into this and its worth knowing exactly why we wear clothes
4. when we teach our children about 'the birds and the bees' its all about reproduction; no mention of sex as pleasure but equally no mention of nudity is not a prelude to sexual activity.
5. We have no celebrity spokes person to lead the discussion about nudity and wellbeing and positive body image. When we do get some celebs talking about it they tend to fade into the background (kind of like ooops I said too much now people think I am weird) - we need some champions.
6. Politicians - its not about age and/or being out of touch; its simply about political suicide and if they back nudism that's exactly what happens to them. I am certain that many politicians would in an 'off the record chat' admit to enjoy being nude and having nude time.
7. We do not have enough festival events like Dark Mofo in Tasmania that breaks the ice for nudism to be more accepted and allow it to continue to contribute to the vast body of works of art that embrace nudism
8. There is no centre for nudism; where people can come and get educated about and explore nudism!

This post was edited

8. There is no centre for nudism; where people can come and get educated about and explore nudism!

Here in the US we do have such places. Both Cypress Cove in Florida and Glen Eden in California have nudist research libraries. Of course, since both of these are on the grounds of nudist resorts, they tend to only get visited by nudists. I have heard that on occasion reporters will ask to visit for research.

This post was edited

@ma_jandc...Textiles ieducation centres...that s great! May be the naturism industry leadersin Oz could invest to open one of those in each main cities .... that would go a long way in helping our cause! But location is everything..anyone with ideas?

This post was edited

@ma_jandc...Textiles ieducation centres...that s great! May be the naturism industry leadersin Oz could invest to open one of those in each main cities .... that would go a long way in helping our cause! But location is everything..anyone with ideas?

Who are these naturism industry leaders you keep talking about?

This post was edited

@jorgerine...lol...I am being sarcastic...as none of the naturism organisation in Oz has done anything to support and develop Naturism...they only care about their membership numbers, organising events for those members...It is my way to rub their nose in their total inaction and mok them.
They don t even reply to emails, they refuse to discuss way to improve naturism in Oz....
Those in charge of those naturist associations/ organisations are out of touch, they may be good at organising events to satisfy tgemselves and their members but they have no clue how to go about to develop naturism in OZ...We need the genuine naturist organisations from overseas to stop supporting those OZ organisations who have done nothing in past decades and allow new blood to join the Naturism leadership in Oz and get things happening!
There you go...the call is made!...who will stand out and lead OZ in a new Naturism age?!

This post was edited

older generations (including my peers) who aim to be naked and desexualized.

How do you know if someone is desexualised?

What does that even mean when describing someone?

Can people aim to wear clothes and be desexualised?

Or is all this an assumption because people are naked and not openly acting in a sexual manner that you describe them as aiming for desexualisation?

Our peers and older friends might be long past the twenty-something we once were, but we all still have that same cheeky twinkle in our eye and youth in our heart. More so in naturist friends we think.

What we mostly see in naturist friends is a sense of fun, no mater what age they are.

I feel sorry that you see something much sadder.

This post was edited

Maybe try not labeling people who arent naturists and generalizing about them they way the do with us.
Those perceptions come from somewhere and people who focus on naked bodies and displaying them instead of naturism as a way of living are at least in part to blame in my opinion. He fault lies with us not with them. We arent very good at expressing the aspects of naturism that create a relatable entry point for non naturists. We are out of touch with where people are socially and just keep spouting cliches like nakedness makes everyone happy and naked people are all equal that dont resonate with the broader society.

This post was edited