RE:Are men crop tops really coming back ?

I don't remember seeing crop tops but can see it as a means to get past the requirement to be wearing a shirt in a retail establishment. It's kind of the men's answer to halter tops for women.Would I wear one? Not with my hairy belly sticking out from under it.

I think after doing some little work, I could potentially look good in it. But of course, nowadays, not with a hairy belly. LOL

But as women can wear those, why not men ?
Being comfortable should be for everyone.

I've been wearing 2in inseam short shorts low rise on vacation for about two years now. So much more comfortable.

This post was edited

I currently wear the Sofie shorts around the yard when working out where I can be seen from the road. They are just a little longer than the extremely short competitive shorts for long distance runners. That said, my favorite pair of gym shorts was a cotton pair from the 70s that were just a touch longer than the Sofies I have now but they fit me perfect. I have never seen another pair or I would own several. Maybe those too will make a comeback . . . but somehow I doubt it. And, Ive never worn that crop top, not my style.

No idea what these Sofie shorts looks like.

For the crop tops, I am born too late to have known it. But today, I may not be against it.

This post was edited

I wore crop tops and short shorts in the 70s and refused to give them up. But not usually out in public. I hope they come back in full force.

Wow.
I do wear short shorts, 2 inch inseam. I do own one even shorter, tight enough nothing is coming out. Of course without underwear.
Around the place I live, I do wear those for going to the gas station, and washing the car. Not yet at the grocery store.
In other places, I have wore the 2in inseam at the store.

Crop tops may be, depending how the trend goes, something I may try with the short shorts.
I am 40 now, I wasn't born when men were wearing those. But seeing this got me wondering "why not?".

This post was edited

Seeing speedos are becoming popular on the beaches.

This post was edited

I currently wear the Sofie shorts around the yard when working out where I can be seen from the road. They are just a little longer than the extremely short competitive shorts for long distance runners. That said, my favorite pair of gym shorts was a cotton pair from the 70s that were just a touch longer than the Sofies I have now but they fit me perfect. I have never seen another pair or I would own several. Maybe those too will make a comeback . . . but somehow I doubt it. And, Ive never worn that crop top, not my style.No idea what these Sofie shorts looks like.For the crop tops, I am born too late to have known it. But today, I may not be against it.

Men's Soffe shorts.
https://www.soffe.com/product/M020/soffe-original-ranger-panty.html

This post was edited

I dug up a couple of old pics of me in a crop top. My best guess is that they were probably from the early 90's since they were taken by a digital camera.As far as making a comeback, I have seen football players starting to wear them in practiceI had no idea about football players in practice. So, slow come back.Good looking at that time...

When crop tops were more common, football players were noted for wearing them.

This post was edited

When I went to the gym, it was not uncommon to see women working out in halter tops or sports bras.
I was tempted to take an old tank top or sleeveless undershirt, cut the bottom half or so off and wear it to the gym, but I never did.

This post was edited

What are your thoughts on crop top for men ?...What are your thoughts ?

Of course each to his own taste ... but I wonder why men should bother with such fashion gaffes as long as they might just go bare-chested anyway?

This post was edited

What are your thoughts on crop top for men ?...What are your thoughts ?Of course each to his own taste ... but I wonder why men should bother with such fashion gaffes as long as they might just go bare-chested anyway?

Many places require men to wear shirts.

This post was edited

So - why is it only young, slim ladies who can show their navel? What about old, fat men like me?

This post was edited