Are men crop tops really coming back ?

What are your thoughts on crop top for men ?

Fun thing is, short shorts and crop top used to be how men were dressed in the 70s. It disappeared for longer shorts far below the knees up to a time where you have to be ashamed of showing skin.

As we love to live nude as naturists, we still have to put clothes on for many things.

I saw purely randomly that men crop tops wear coming back Have you ever see anyone wearing one ?

Even though we can be free, do you think a man wearing a short shirt and a crop top would be getting lot of bad comments and bad looks ?

Im wondering. If this is coming. Instead of having to wear long t-shirts, why not leaving more skin out with a crop top ?

I have to be honest, seeing this info got me questioning about a why not? !

What are your thoughts ?

This topic was edited
RE:Are men crop tops really coming back ?

Whatever someone chooses to wear is entirely up to them. If they feel good in it then thats enough for me.

Having said that, when I have to wear clothes, I wear the clothes I have for every day use.

For example, the village we stay at the local shop requires you to be dressed when entering. I put on a pair of cargo shorts then remove them when I leave. Technically I could just put on a thong but Id never do that for two reasons. First, Id hate for the people who work in the shop to think I was taking the piss. Secondly, and far more importantly Id not want to look like a total bellend which is how Id feel wearing a thong.

If I seen a man in a crop top and short shorts, Id probably think hes a bellend, but if he feels good in them, then thats all that matters, my opinion is irrelevant.

Other opinions are available.

This post was edited

Whatever someone chooses to wear is entirely up to them. If they feel good in it then thats enough for me.Having said that, when I have to wear clothes, I wear the clothes I have for every day use.For example, the village we stay at the local shop requires you to be dressed when entering. I put on a pair of cargo shorts then remove them when I leave. Technically I could just put on a thong but Id never do that for two reasons. First, Id hate for the people who work in the shop to think I was taking the piss. Secondly, and far more importantly Id not want to look like a total bellend which is how Id feel wearing a thong.If I seen a man in a crop top and short shorts, Id probably think hes a bellend, but if he feels good in them, then thats all that matters, my opinion is irrelevant.Other opinions are available.

Does the shop allow you to be shirtless?
Very few around here allow shirtless men. The ones that do are usually near the beach,

This post was edited

Haven't seen many men in crop tops.
Shorter shorts do seem to be more common than they were a few years ago.

This post was edited

Not a look I'd be interested in. If a t-shirt is just a little below the waistline that's okay but I'm not likely to wear anything shorter. Might as well take it off!

Short shorts are fine.

This post was edited

Shorter shorts and crop tops were a thing well into the 80s as well. Shorter shorts for men are definitely back. They are widely available now. I have quite a few 5 and 4 inseam shorts (and shorter running shorts). Never an odd look or comment. Actually have had a few positive comments about the appropriate length even from females. Guys have said I wish I were brave enough to wear those to which I replied bravado has little to do with it. Its about confidence and maybe a little IDGAF and wear what I want. Maybe a side effect or benefit of age there. I have a couple t-shirts and tank tops that I have trimmed the bottom off a couple inches. After going through the washer and dryer once the bottom hem rolls up a bit just like they did in the 80s.

This post was edited

Whatever someone chooses to wear is entirely up to them. If they feel good in it then thats enough for me.Having said that, when I have to wear clothes, I wear the clothes I have for every day use.For example, the village we stay at the local shop requires you to be dressed when entering. I put on a pair of cargo shorts then remove them when I leave. Technically I could just put on a thong but Id never do that for two reasons. First, Id hate for the people who work in the shop to think I was taking the piss. Secondly, and far more importantly Id not want to look like a total bellend which is how Id feel wearing a thong.If I seen a man in a crop top and short shorts, Id probably think hes a bellend, but if he feels good in them, then thats all that matters, my opinion is irrelevant.Other opinions are available.

I am not saying I want to be dressed like this. I was wondering. In the 70's and the 80's, it was totally normal for a men to have short shorts and a crop top. Not a single person thought they were bellend. I'm wondering why "idiot and annoying" (I had to google the work "bellend") ?

For sure it would shock though as it's not the norm anymore...

Growing up, I remembered these "shorts" that were bellow going bellow the knees. I'm wondering today how I was able to wear those.

This post was edited

Haven't seen many men in crop tops.Shorter shorts do seem to be more common than they were a few years ago.

I haven't seen any man yet. Seeing this news about it, seems like it's from summer 2022 and also for summer 2023.
It used to be totally normal for men 40-50 years ago.

I do have multiple short shorts that I am wearing. On vacation, wearing a 2in inseam too. Never had bad looks or comments. Just normal.

I do wear 5in usually. I see frequently 4in shorts, also on younger guys.... As you says, it's common today the short shorts.

This post was edited

Not a look I'd be interested in. If a t-shirt is just a little below the waistline that's okay but I'm not likely to wear anything shorter. Might as well take it off!Short shorts are fine.

After seeing this info. I saw that there are things like about at the level of the belly button, and up to the top of the torso. I guess I'll be not shocked seeing around the belly button, but higher, would look weird at first.

I was wondering if that famous come back was true or not at all.

This post was edited

Shorter shorts and crop tops were a thing well into the 80s as well. Shorter shorts for men are definitely back. They are widely available now. I have quite a few 5 and 4 inseam shorts (and shorter running shorts). Never an odd look or comment. Actually have had a few positive comments about the appropriate length even from females. Guys have said I wish I were brave enough to wear those to which I replied bravado has little to do with it. Its about confidence and maybe a little IDGAF and wear what I want. Maybe a side effect or benefit of age there. I have a couple t-shirts and tank tops that I have trimmed the bottom off a couple inches. After going through the washer and dryer once the bottom hem rolls up a bit just like they did in the 80s.

I agree. I am too wearing pretty short shorts. I do own a few 2inch, mostly wearing those around the house and on vacation.
On normal days, it's 5in.

The crop tops, I was wondering if there was truly a come back or not. I was saying 70's, but I guess it was 70's and 80's. I'm born in the 80's, and I remember short shorts, not crop tops. Wonder what year they were over with. Never saw a picture of my parents with one either.

But interesting though. Will see if in a few years they are back or not, like the short shorts.

I can't understand how I was able to wear these long shorts (how could it be called "shorts") that were going below the knees.... Strange. That would not be possible today to wear those anymore.

This post was edited

Although crop tops for men were more common in the 70s than now, they were still relatively rare, unlike short shorts which were everywhere.

This post was edited