Are Jock Straps making a comeback

I Knew nothing about jock straps until I was introduced to one in 7th grade PE class. It was on a list that we were given for our PE uniform, we all wore the same type of jock strap, off white with a wide waistband. It was required to wear one during class and was periodically checked for by the coach. We would be standing outside of the locker room for roll call, and on occasion someone would get their shorts pulled down by a prankster in class that would exposed ones jock strap and their bare butt.

Since then the jock strap has evolved with different styles and color and has become a fashion statement among some men. Have seen them worn around the pool or while lounging at the pool at a clothing optional resort.

This topic was edited
RE:Are Jock Straps making a comeback

Not something Ive ever seen at a naturist resort, but I know one guy whos going to do back flips reading this.

This post was edited

. Have seen them worn around the pool or while lounging at the pool at a clothing optional resort.

Which clothing optional resort?

This post was edited

I was in 6th grade when I had to wear a jock for PE class. Everyone had the same jock with a wide waistband and large pouch, MUCH too BIG for those of us with prepubescent hairless nubs. But now companies like Andrew Christian are selling designer jocks that are not only comfortable, but can be worn in the place of underwear. They are quite popular when bars have underwear nights.

This post was edited

I knew about jockstraps because I have older brothers.

In the 7th grade, on the first day of PE. The coach gave us a list of things we'd need to buy for the PE Uniform -- which included a jockstrap. In those days, jockstraps were not out on the shelf where you could look at them and make your own selection. And you could only buy them at sporting goods stores. They were kept behind the counter and you had to ask for them.

The coach was kind enough to explain that when the guy (no women working there) asked what size, he was asking about your waist size.

In those days, all guys wore jocks for any sports activities. And we also changed our clothing and took showers together. All of that changed in the 80s and 90s. By 2000, boys were no longer even changing clothing for PE -- much less showering -- no need for a jockstrap.

At some point, jockstraps became a sexual thing, they came in different colors and styles, and it was mainly gay men who wore them.

As far as I know, that's still the way it is. The attitude or consensus is that jocks are for gay men.

On the rare occasion that I do something athletic, I don't wear a jock because I'd prefer to hang free. Prefer to be nude.

This post was edited

I learned about the need for a jock strap the hard way when I was 10 playing little league football. I was chopped blocked directly in my groin with his helmet smashing my penis. When I could make it off the field, I was then told I need to get a jock strap and a cup. The cup is why the pouches are so big.

I have no need to wear a cup now so I have no need for a jock strap. Although, I have been hit by tennis/racquetballs in the past but nothing as hard as that kids helmet.

This post was edited

I learned about the need for a jock strap the hard way when I was 10 playing little league football. I was chopped blocked directly in my groin with his helmet smashing my penis. When I could make it off the field, I was then told I need to get a jock strap and a cup. The cup is why the pouches are so big.I have no need to wear a cup now so I have no need for a jock strap. Although, I have been hit by tennis/racquetballs in the past but nothing as hard as that kids helmet.

Seems odd they didn't tell you about that BEFORE you started playing.

This post was edited

Lord, I hope not! hahaha

Last time I wore one was in HS for sports (football) freshman year. I didn't wear one for track (sophomore year). By then, I'd stopped wearing underwear, so I was commando all the time and was running commando.

This post was edited

Seems odd they didn't tell you about that BEFORE you started playing.

Uniforms were provided and I dont remuneration that being mentioned as something I needed to get on my own. Also not really a conversation I wanted to have with my mom. But I did and she took me to the sports store where the clears helped me find the correct sizes. After that, I used my paper boy money to buy them.

This post was edited

I was in 6th grade when I had to wear a jock for PE class. Everyone had the same jock with a wide waistband and large pouch, MUCH too BIG for those of us with prepubescent hairless nubs. But now companies like Andrew Christian are selling designer jocks that are not only comfortable, but can be worn in the place of underwear. They are quite popular when bars have underwear nights.

Fabulous design

This post was edited

Uniforms were provided and I dont remuneration that being mentioned as something I needed to get on my own. Also not really a conversation I wanted to have with my mom. But I did and she took me to the sports store where the clears helped me find the correct sizes. After that, I used my paper boy money to buy them.

If you didn't know what it was, it probably didn't register when they mentioned it. I was never in a contact sport; I never wore a cup.

This post was edited