RE:Are Jock Straps making a comeback

mensasnem wrote:
In the 7th grade, on the first day of PE. The coach gave us a list of things we'd need to buy for the PE Uniform -- which included a jockstrap. In those days, jockstraps were not out on the shelf where you could look at them and make your own selection. And you could only buy them at sporting goods stores. They were kept behind the counter and you had to ask for them.The coach was kind enough to explain that when the guy (no women working there) asked what size, he was asking about your waist size.

I remember those days. I wonder how jock straps are displayed nowadays... on mannequins? In a way, it would be on a par with mannequins displaying bras and panties.

IIRC, those jock straps we got in high school were issued to us along with our gym shorts, and had the same sizes as the shorts. It was up to us to take them home and get them washed. After gym class, we showered together, and I don't remember any of us well enough endowed to have a problem with the size of the pocket.

This post was edited

I'm not sure if a comeback is in progress. I've noticed other men in jocks at the gym or steam bath. But definitely not the younger guys, many of whom are paranoid of being seen naked by others in the locker room. As other posts have said, my first experience wearing one was in 7th grade PE. Felt awkward at first, but after a month or so became accustemed to it and was just like everybody else wearing one. Does anyone remember wearing a swimmer style at the beach?

This post was edited

I'm not sure if a comeback is in progress. I've noticed other men in jocks at the gym or steam bath. But definitely not the younger guys, many of whom are paranoid of being seen naked by others in the locker room. As other posts have said, my first experience wearing one was in 7th grade PE. Felt awkward at first, but after a month or so became accustemed to it and was just like everybody else wearing one. Does anyone remember wearing a swimmer style at the beach?

Yes. Love that narrow waistband.

This post was edited

They do work well if you have a surgery or other need for firm support for the boys.

This post was edited

I wonder how jock straps are displayed nowadays... on mannequins? In a way, it would be on a par with mannequins displaying bras and panties.those jock straps we got in high school were issued to us along with our gym shorts

I believe they're just on the shelf (in boxes). Often hanging from those rods.

Of course, if they displayed them on mannequins, they'd have to cover up the butts -- OMG! I saw a mannequin butt. What shall I do? What shall I do?

Issued to you? And the shorts as well. We had to go buy ours. But swimsuits were handed out for each use -- you just told the man in the towel cage what size you needed.

So, for swimming, we stripped down at our lockers, then went and took showers. After that, we walked naked to the towel cage -- which was right there. Got a swimsuit, moved away from the towel cage, put the swimsuit on, and walked out to the pool. The pool was outside.

Being nude was a non-issue and a non-event.

This post was edited

Happy #Jocktober! The popularity of jock straps seems to come and go. I might guess that the current increase of interest in jocks has to do with Instagram or other social media people trying to be popular by showing off as much skin as they can, and stay within the rules of the platforms. I see a lot of men who used to be shirtless to get the views now wearing speedos or underwear when they could just as easily wear clothes.
Does this make skimpy clothes more acceptable in society at large? I can't say. People still seem to dress like they did 20 years ago from what I encounter.

I personally like jocks, and find they help to keep my butt cool on hot days.

This post was edited

Happy #Jocktober! The popularity of jock straps seems to come and go. I might guess that the current increase of interest in jocks has to do with Instagram or other social media people trying to be popular by showing off as much skin as they can, and stay within the rules of the platforms. I see a lot of men who used to be shirtless to get the views now wearing speedos or underwear when they could just as easily wear clothes.Does this make skimpy clothes more acceptable in society at large? I can't say. People still seem to dress like they did 20 years ago from what I encounter.I personally like jocks, and find they help to keep my butt cool on hot days.

Nothing to do with the population at large, but I have seen more men traveling between the parking lot and beach at Gunnison wearing just a g string this summer than in the past.

This post was edited

In the 80's jock straps seemed to transition from standard gym wear to sexualized titillation tools. I've seen them online but over the past 30 years or so of regular workouts, I don't recall a single one in a men's locker room.

This post was edited

I own several jockstraps. I wear daily as I like the feel and they stay in place. No wedgie moments. The boys are comfortable And I like how my butt looks in pants when clothing is required.

This post was edited

I learned about the need for a jock strap the hard way when I was 10 playing little league football. I was chopped blocked directly in my groin with his helmet smashing my penis. When I could make it off the field, I was then told I need to get a jock strap and a cup. The cup is why the pouches are so big.I have no need to wear a cup now so I have no need for a jock strap. Although, I have been hit by tennis/racquetballs in the past but nothing as hard as that kids helmet.

Does this mean it was either a jockstrap or no underwear ?

This post was edited