Caught Vs Spotted?

Ive been nude all day. It was 67F this morning when I had my coffee coffee on back patio. Hung out for awhile and then needed to talk to a couple of contractors regarding ongoing or scheduled projects here on the house so went inside to the office and took care of the calls and checked email and such.

After lunch, I wanted to go outside again as it was 75 and sunny with a very gentle breeze. With the sun full on the patio, I wanted my sunglasses which I realized were in my car. Problem is, it is sitting in driveway outside the garage in full view of the road about 150 away. What the hell. I decide to not put on anything and go for it. I hit garage door button and up it goes. I walk around behind my truck and exit the garage into broad daylight. So far, so good. As Im walking I hit key fob and unlock car as I walk up to the car and open door and lean into car to grab glasses and turn to egress. Just as I stand, turn and walk out from cover of the car a woman in a red Ford Explorer drives out onto the road and turns towards my house. As she come past edge of clump trees, she turns and looks in my direction and Im fully exposed. From her reaction, she must have seen me because she did a double take, hit the brakes and then made a very conscious look towards me as she then let off the brake and sped away.

Im not sure what she saw or thought she saw, but it certainly wasnt the reaction of someone who did not notice. Since the Sheriff hasnt shown up, Im guessing she didnt report it.

Oddly enough, walking from my house to the barn behind it, surrounded by a black aluminum powder coated fence which provides little concealment, I see cars go by and no one seems to notice. It is closer to 400 from the road and my yard is much higher than both road and barn which helps. I have walked it many times, sometimes several times a day nude and have had no issue. Ive even driven past slowly paying attention and knowing exactly where to look and dont think anyone can get enough of a view to know what they see, if anything.

Today was the first time Ive tried the front/exposed corner near the road.

In the evening, once sun starts setting, with all the trees and shadow we have, Ive been all over the side and front yards with all the outside lights off and even sat on front porch watching people drive by.

At this point, I dont expect Ill have to get dressed at all until tomorrow or Sunday or whenever I decide I need to go somewhere. Then again, I may be able to stretch it until even Tuesday.

This topic was edited
RE:Caught Vs Spotted?

Sounds like an experience I had and the level of nudity that I live.

This post was edited

Lol, I bet she was surprised. Glad to hear she was not a Karen .

Same thing about our back yard with the view from the road. I dont think most people are looking at us but at the road. Even out on the front porch. We watch the sunsets that way. I noticed a guy once may have believed that I was naked. But I was sitting down and I know he could not see my bits. Lol

This post was edited

My reaction on spotting someone would be to smile and give a thumbs-up. Not everyone would do that but the proportion of those inclined to report would likely be small but not zero. We're in the bowl of a quiet court but do have walkers, conservative neighbours, and security cameras that may have their footage reviewed. Loose shorts are my best option when in the garden or sitting on our bench facing the street.

This post was edited

Seems to me the woman in the car got a surprise, stopped to make sure she saw what she saw and then sped away feeling embarrassed at stopping & staring. I'm often out the front of my house, I think it is all about timing and being discrete. I think most people would do a double take through sheer surprise, our society is not used to seeing people naked in front of their houses. It shouldn't be an issue but some may try to make it one.

This post was edited

My perspective has changed since embracing nudism when I can. Once, upon sighting a nudie in the wild, I would have been embarrassed by proxy and discretely removed myself from the scene. Now I'm more likely to, after assessing the reaction of the nudie in question, appear friendly and move away (if they appear worried about being 'caught'), appear friendly continue on with my plans or consider joining them. If I'm the one caught, my main concern is the reaction of the catcher rather than being sern myself.

This post was edited

I have long said that its amazing what people really don't notice; and when somebody does notice very few again will actually 'report' it.

My very first night time nude walk I got brave and crossed in the street light on one of the dimly lit sections in our street. To my surprise there was a fellow walking along the pathway - at 11.30pm! I just walked on like I was clothed and owning my nudity. I was so concerned for a long time due to the nudity laws in our State (and the police density we have in our postcode).

Some years on from that incident and on a really hot day I decided to drive the car into the garage and walked out front completely naked. The house across the road had just had new owners move in; the young lady was halfway across her yard and do was I when I noticed her noticing me. Again I was deeply concerned (they are very pious folks) but a year on and a few chats with them, nothing has been said...so she either didn't notice, doesn't care or doesn't know its an offense here....

This post was edited

In some US states, including Florida, it is legal to be nude anywhere on your own property, even if you can be seen from the sidewalk and street.
There was a case some year ago where a man was doing all of his yard work nude. Some of the people on his street complained, but the police said that it was legal.

This post was edited

One morning I left my phone charger out in my work van it was before 7am and Saturday so I thought I would be safe I ran out to van when I turned to go in my neighbor was out on her porch getting her paper I waved she waved back I went in house

This post was edited

Good to hear, maybe she is getting too enjoy your nudity

This post was edited

Great story! Sounds like a repeat should happen soon. Ive been outside in the backyard and know that Ive been seen many times by my neighbor who lives behind and up the hill one house. So her house is elevated and her kitchen window and back porch look over the 9 tall wooden privacy fence. I have seen her out of the corner of my eye, in the window looking out towards my direction.
Ive waved a few times and shes waved back and so far no ill effects from it, there have been a few times where shes been leaving her house and Id see her on her porch and we would return waves to each other. I know that law enforcement have said unless they witness it, they wont do anything about it if there is nothing sexual going on while being nude in the back yards. Ive gotten to where I water the front yard plants every morning it hasn't rained and only one car slowed then continued on as if nothing was happening.
When it was warmer, Id always sit on the back porch and drink coffee as neighbors left for work or whatever. Sometimes Id be standing as I watered plants and enjoyed the warmth on my skin. Now that its cooler, the outdoor nude adventures are less of daily occurrences. I do take advantage of warm mornings though. And I tough through cool afternoons as I go in my nearly daily nude walks at my friends house out in the country. He used to just watch from his front window as I use his water hose to wash off the sweat from the walk then it was just Siri g on his porch to now he walks around the yard where Im at or just stands clos by and chats. I never rush to dress as I enjoy being nude and hes not upset or bothered from it either. Air drying is my favorite to do. But sometimes Ill towel off as I always carry one with me but I leave it in the vehicle which means I have to walk across the yard to get it. Hes been known to let me dry off with one of his as well. Hes not a nudist but I see him working towards it. Hes come to the front door with less and less clothes on recently. He has joined me on a walk or two but was never nude. Maybe next summer he will join me on a nude walk and actually be nude himself.

This post was edited