Prospecting for gold next weekend

Going prospecting for gold next weekend - 21/22 - site is 3.5 hours from Campbelltown. Wild camping by the river, no amenities, no phone signal. Most likely no one else around so could spend two days naked panning for gold in the river.

Leaving early hours of Saturday to make most of it. I have a tent, some extra fossicking gear, bring your sleeping bag...warm clothes as night will be cold there, some food....
Happy to provide you with training on both metal detector and panning if you are new at it.
Weather will be sunny , 30C, wind 11km/h sat , Sun 24C , sunny, wind 17km/h
Anyone keen to join in, let me know....

This topic was edited
RE:Prospecting for gold next weekend

I'd be keen to do this when I travel through NSW in December. Where is the camp?

This post was edited

Years ago my Mom and her siblings ages 50s to 70s spent a week in N. Carolina at a cabin the woods. They went to a place where
they could pan for gold . Mom said they hauled sacks of ore like pack mules and had some genuine fun. Not sure anyone found anything
but they all acted like kids and had a memorable time.

This post was edited

Going prospecting for gold next weekend - 21/22 - site is 3.5 hours from Campbelltown. Wild camping by the river, no amenities, no phone signal. Most likely no one else around so could spend two days naked panning for gold in the river.Leaving early hours of Saturday to make most of it. I have a tent, some extra fossicking gear, bring your sleeping bag...warm clothes as night will be cold there, some food....Happy to provide you with training on both metal detector and panning if you are new at it.Weather will be sunny , 30C, wind 11km/h sat , Sun 24C , sunny, wind 17km/hAnyone keen to join in, let me know....

Getting a humorous visualization of you squatting in the stream, male bits&pieces getting chilly in the mountain stream as that wonderful nugget comes into view in the pan, a big whoop of excitement just as an inquisitive crayfish (or whatever equivalent animal lives in the waters of NSW, Australia) takes a snap on your dangling nutsack and you drop your pan, oooh noo!!

This trip sounds wonderful, regardless of the fauna. Take many pictures on the venture and let us see more treasure when you find it!

This post was edited

No camp. Wild camping by the river...I will select a spot, do a detection with metal detectors for nuggets then will do some panning, if I get some colors, I ll stay there otherwise I ll move to next spot...
I m tempted to go for a 2 weeks trip to the Victorian golden triangle in January instead of Tibooburra. Anyone interested, contact me.

This post was edited

@noodereg...for me I enjoy the searching...and gindins,testing my skills...I always find gold, sometime it pays for the expenses of the trip...the only time I had a pay strikes was back in 2002 when I got A$ 2,500 worth...i love to prospect naked so i go to remote locations...it is fun and burns heaps of calories ...

This post was edited

I love your sense of adventure! I also caution you to have a naked prospecting bud to join you should anything happen.
A neighborhood kid died out in the wilderness/bush because he was alone and got lost on his mountain bike and ended up dying of dehydration and hypothermia. He was about 27, in great shape, and knew the area well, but some small factor changed and it threw him and his safe return off. All good things come in twos: eyes, ears nostrils, nuts and big gold nuggets for friends to share. Have fun!

This post was edited

@stoneandy
I agree, despite being experienced in outdoors adventures , I am not taking my safety for granted, I always carry a PLB ( personal locator beacon) for emergency...I always register my remote trip , always tell someone where i ll go, what gear i ll have, when i ll make contact again, and to contact police and rescue if i have missed the contact time for more than 3 hours....
But you can only do so much...if shit happen it happen...that s life , we all die one day, hope my day will be when I m very old but every second could be the last one...so no regrets!

This post was edited

Going prospecting for gold next weekend - 21/22 - site is 3.5 hours from Campbelltown. Wild camping by the river, no amenities, no phone signal. Most likely no one else around so could spend two days naked panning for gold in the river.

Very cool naturist type adventure

This post was edited

@homeclothesfree. Yes indeed it is. I encourage other to try it..it s fun, healthy, and you can get rich if lucky!

This post was edited

@stoneandyI always carry a PLB ( personal locator beacon) for emergency...I always register my remote trip , always tell someone where i ll go, what gear i ll have, when i ll make contact again, and to contact police and rescue if i have missed the contact time for more than 3 hours....But you can only do so much...if shit happen it happen...that s life , we all die one day, hope my day will be when I m very old but every second could be the last one...so no regrets!

Glad to hear about the PLB!

This post was edited