Clean out week.

I've been working on cleaning out the members of my groups and groups I Mod or help Mod. Many, many that I've deleted have not logged on in months and years. Others are members of dozens of groups and haven't posted anything or contributed anything to any of their groups, including this one for at least 3-4 months. Some have private, blank or minimally filled out profiles. Some aren't even on this site anymore. There's no reason to keep these members if they aren't going to participate, contribute or follow the simple rules for membership.

We are looking for quality of members, not quantity. Quantity does nothing for this or any other group/groups I Mod or help Mod. We're looking for interaction and many of those that I've deleted are unwilling to do that. I still have 39 pages of members to go through but as you can see, if you're still a member, we started at 75 pages and will undoubtedly whittle that down to 1/2 that amount by the time I'm done.

This topic was edited
RE:Clean out week.

I agree that membership should have its privileges; participation or comments should be a requirement.

This post was edited

Uh-oh. I hope I've not been guilty of reading and enjoying without comment! If I've nothing to add I'll be quiet rather than reply for the sake of it, but that doesn't mean I'm not following others' thoughts.

This post was edited

IF ... you're a member of dozens of groups on TN and you go 3, 4, 5 months or more without ever making a comment in a group, on the forum, it shows up on your feed. Many of you that comment on various topics in groups or the forum, I see your handle and I remember many of you. Those names/members, I did not delete from this group.

Eggman took this group over and when he did, he asked for my help. When we inherited this group, there was over 80 pages of members. I have deleted pages and pages of members that have not logged onto TN in over a year, their profiles have been deleted from the site and are no longer members of TN, their profiles are private or have almost nothing on them. You have people saying, "I'd like to find like minded people." How do you find likeminded people if you post nothing on your profile or it's private.

I've found where members of this group have joined dozens of groups in a 3-4 month period and they have yet to comment on any of the existing topics. It's a red flag that they are joining groups to just join groups and to look over the group's gallery.

This post was edited

Uh-oh. I hope I've not been guilty of reading and enjoying without comment! If I've nothing to add I'll be quiet rather than reply for the sake of it, but that doesn't mean I'm not following others' thoughts.

I'm pretty sure you're safe!

This post was edited

I hope we can buy a get out of jail card. It has been a tough year and I go in for bypass surgery Tuesday morning. I hope to be more active soon!

This post was edited

Makes a lot of sense. I actually started doing the same thing with my friends list. When I first joined, my full frontal with face pics were private. I got a lot of friend requests and pretty much approved most of them unless they were obviously spam accounts. Once I retired, I opened up all my pics, and even set them so they can be downloaded. Several months ago, I realized most of those early friend requests were just to see my private pics. I started reviewing my "Friends" and deleting ones that 1) Have not been on the site in a year or more. 2) Have been "Friends" for over 6 months and never made contact with me other than to look at my profile pics. 3) Show no signs of participation on the site. It is quite a project just to do this. I am sure your job is huge with multiple groups.
Good luck.

This post was edited

I hope we can buy a get out of jail card. It has been a tough year and I go in for bypass surgery Tuesday morning. I hope to be more active soon!

Hey Hawk,

You've been a contributor on TN for quite some time. I didn't delete you and never would. All the best with your surgery. Hope you recover quickly and are back on TN when you can.

This post was edited

Makes a lot of sense. I actually started doing the same thing with my friends list. When I first joined, my full frontal with face pics were private. I got a lot of friend requests and pretty much approved most of them unless they were obviously spam accounts. Once I retired, I opened up all my pics, and even set them so they can be downloaded. Several months ago, I realized most of those early friend requests were just to see my private pics. I started reviewing my "Friends" and deleting ones that 1) Have not been on the site in a year or more. 2) Have been "Friends" for over 6 months and never made contact with me other than to look at my profile pics. 3) Show no signs of participation on the site. It is quite a project just to do this. I am sure your job is huge with multiple groups.Good luck.

I just bumped 3 new requests to join from members I deleted in the last couple of days. You'd think that after I posted a topic about cleaning out the dead wood and explained why and who I was deleting, that some of these guys would get the hint and look at their profiles and realize, they fit the bill for being deleted.

I never expect members of TN or any of the groups to post daily. One of these guys I bounced again, is a member of over 300 groups and hasn't posted a single comment in over 6 months. I didn't even go back any further so it could have been even longer. Who joins over 300 groups and doesn't participate in any discussions in ANY of them. He's a picture seeker, a group collector and friend collector. I/We don't need someone like that in this group or any of the groups I Mod.

This post was edited