What Happened To The Edit Button?

Now we can't edit our own posts or delete them. The only way to correct any errors is to submit more posts, and hope you get it right the next time!

This topic was edited
RE:What Happened To The Edit Button?

The features in TN do seem to be getting screwed with, but like the rampant and ridiculous removal of some specific words a few weeks ago - which now appears to have been mostly done away with - maybe the edit function will return. Self-editing is something everyone should do the first time anyway. Typos and auto-correct 'mistakes' are everywhere in here, frustrating to people like me who do want to communicate with both clarity and alacrity. But even I make some mistrakes sometimes! Typing with the thumbs doesn't help, something I'll bet most of those in here are doing most of the time. Just one more way smartphones are destroying the world, causing confusion and miscommunication -- and traffic accidents. Hang that phone up and get yourself a computer!

This post was edited

Now we can't edit our own posts or delete them. The only way to correct any errors is to submit more posts, and hope you get it right the next time!

I sent a bug report to TT2. You should to. In the mean time, if you're on windows (Not sure if it can be done from Android or Apple) and your comfortable with making a html change, you can add it back on a case by case basis.

From the forum, find your post you want to edit. Highlight something in it. right click and select "inspect". From the page that opens, scroll down a bit until you find the series of lines

This post was edited

Now we can't edit our own posts or delete them. The only way to correct any errors is to submit more posts, and hope you get it right the next time!I sent a bug report to TT2. You should to. In the mean time, if you're on windows (Not sure if it can be done from the app) and your comfortable with making a html change, you can add it back on a case by case basis.From the forum, find your post you want to edit. Highlight something in it. right click and select "inspect". From the page that opens, scroll down a bit until you find the series of lines

It apparently didn't like some of the special characters I used for the rest of the post, so I'll try again without them:

Find the post you want to edit, right click and select inspect

From the line that's highlighted in the window that's open, click the three dots in the line below that starts ul class

For edit, find the second li class = line and right click on it. Select edit attribute. Add the word member between owner and admin. Exit out of the inspect screen and the edit link will now be there.

Same process to remove a post, but one li line down.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

In the past when they have been tinkering with the code in the backend of the site the edit has disappeared but returned when the site revisions are complete. No guarantee that is the case here but thats what I have observed in the past.

This post was edited

I noticed that my man/woman relationship have been changed to na/woman and I can't seem to change it. Any thoughts?

This post was edited

I noticed that my man/woman relationship have been changed to na/woman and I can't seem to change it. Any thoughts?

I'm starting to notice even more issues. Now I get logged out several times a day. The search feature seems to be on the fritz. Every few days I'll try to check the newest sign up trying flag fakes, which usually seems like most of them, but the search doesn't get any results.

I have however noticed that all the spam messages, that I've tried to delete for years, are finally gone. But I still have the flag showing 3 unread messages.

This post was edited

I noticed that my man/woman relationship have been changed to na/woman and I can't seem to change it. Any thoughts?I'm starting to notice even more issues. Now I get logged out several times a day. The search feature seems to be on the fritz. Every few days I'll try to check the newest sign up trying flag fakes, which usually seems like most of them, but the search doesn't get any results.I have however noticed that all the spam messages, that I've tried to delete for years, are finally gone. But I still have the flag showing 3 unread messages.

The ability to delete messages was fixed a few months ago. As usual, there was no announcement of changes. I just noticed I was redirected to the "beta" site, and when that happens, I test some of the known issues.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Hey guys trying to understand the issue, can anyone provide some more clarity.
As I understand the edit button is missing from forum posts? Or are you unable to edit -] Save?

Any error messages?

What device/browser are you using that this is occurring on.

This post was edited

Hey guys trying to understand the issue, can anyone provide some more clarity.As I understand the edit button is missing from forum posts? Or are you unable to edit -] Save?Any error messages?What device/browser are you using that this is occurring on.
Two android devices
Tablet Android 13/Chrome and Firefox
Phone Android 10/Chrome and Firefox

No edit button on either device.

This post was edited

Hey guys trying to understand the issue, can anyone provide some more clarity.As I understand the edit button is missing from forum posts? Or are you unable to edit -] Save?Any error messages?.

There is no means to edit a post no button once it has been posted. On windows and iOS

This post was edited