Is there an actual "download" feature?

Looking at my media I noticed a sort option for "downloads" and clicked it, and indeed a few of my pics showed that they had been downloaded, once each. (I'm not personally disturbed by this.) The upper-left icon over each picture displayed that number. I checked other profiles' media, and there's that download icon, all the ones I looked at displaying a zero.

And in my privacy settings, there's a choice to allow downloads. That setting is accompanied by a very fair warning that anything accessible on the internet can be downloaded one way or another, whatever the setting. I'm perfectly aware of that, and don't want to discuss it here, and please don't post anything here that would amount to a photo-hacking tip.

My question is narrower. The site seems to speak of downloads as if there were an intentional download feature as part of the site itself. But I don't see such a feature. Does one exist, or has it ever? And if not, what can they possibly be counting, and turning on or off?

This topic was edited
RE:Is there an actual "download" feature?

Yes, if you click on a photo on someone's profile (on a desktop/laptop) there's a sidebar to the right of it listing any comments on that photo. Near the top of that sidebar are three buttons you can click: Like, Comment, and Download.

Presumably the setting you mention will make that Download button active if the member chooses to allow downloads. I am guessing the default setting for that download button is Don't Allow.

This post was edited

Thanks.

This post was edited

Yes, if you click on a photo on someone's profile (on a desktop/laptop) there's a sidebar to the right of it listing any comments on that photo. Near the top of that sidebar are three buttons you can click: Like, Comment, and Download.Presumably the setting you mention will make that Download button active if the member chooses to allow downloads. I am guessing the default setting for that download button is Don't Allow.

This is also dependent on the specific browser you use. My browser just happens to ignore the "block download" setting and simply allows me to save whatever image is on the screen at the moment. Note: this is not why I have the browser, it's just a "feature" of it. I actually use it because it blocks popups by default (Brave). If a webpage requires the popup to function properly, I can turn it off for that webpage only without affecting any other page.

Bottom line, anything you post online can be captured regardless of any security settings. They may make it a bit more difficult for the average user, but nothing on line is secure. This site is abysmally lacking in the security department. One of the glaring issues is the media server. It has no security on it at all. You can access the media without even being logged on to TN (or TS). When you delete media you have previously posted, the only thing that actually gets deleted is the link form TN (or TS) to the media server. The picture (or video) still exists on the media server. It never goes away.

John aka CoBeachbum

This post was edited

Really? That is actually illegal...

This post was edited

Really? That is actually illegal...

"Deleting your account
Although we make a reasonable attempt to remove your information from our servers, your data may persist even after deletion in system backups, content delivery caches, or stored by 3rd party services that have cached your data (e.g. Search Engines or bots). Information posted to forums, or some sections of the site, may persist even after your account has been removed."

There is no reasonable attempt to remove media. I have informed them of this issue several times. They just don't care or can't figure out how to fix it, and this is a web design company.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited