RE: Winter nudism

Two words.......Fire Place!!! Love it.

Er ... Fireplace is one work. Check your dictionary :)
Sorry mate... it's not one "work", it's one word. LOL! Couldn't resist. :)
On topic - It was about 61 degrees yesterday morning. It was a bit cool since my body is used to 80 - 100 degrees right now. LOL! Still, I went out on the patio at 6:15 am and stayed outside until noon when it got up to 92 or so. What an awesome morning it was!

This post was edited

I'm surprised by how many people mention keeping your feet warm as the key to staying comfortable. As a skier, I know that traditional wisdom states that you lose the most body heat through your head. But I've got a pretty good head of hair, and that has never bothered me. I find that when I sleep, I have to keep my feet under the covers and I'm fine, no matter what the room temperature or what I'm wearing (or not wearing). I'll try walking around in just socks and slippers and see how that feels. But I've got a month, maybe two, before I'll have to worry about the temperature in the morning.
Thanks for all the advice. I know I'll have more newbie questions for y'all.

This post was edited

I hate being cold, but look forward every year to the annual nude snow angels. (Trust me, it happens but once a year). During the winter I tend to wear a robe or sweats when home.

Jen

This post was edited

Keep the feet warm and everything is fine.
I'd go along with that my hands and feet are cold now...and i feel cool

This post was edited

I move to CANCEL Winter this year! Summer was not long enough! OK, so since I know that's not going to happen, I do turn the heat up (depsite the cost) and I agree with the hat and L.L. Bean fleece mocassin slippers! For me the hat, because there just isn't much hair on top any more and my feet get chilly - especially on floors that aren't carpeted! And during those really cold and windy months like January and February,I have been known to put on a sweater even (gasp!). I try to be naked year round at home (even during the Winter). Guess that just makes me naked from the waist down - but some times ya just gotta keep yourself a little warmer. I couldn't wear anything to sleep, so flannel sheets do come in handy that time of year!

This post was edited

I live in Canada, so I find ways to cope with the cold. Thicker blankets and fleece sheets on my bed take care of the night time. But during the day when I'm at home, I put the heater dish on high and close the door so the heat can circulate around the room.

This post was edited

I live in Oz. We do get cold winter nights here. I live in a non-nudist household so don't get to walk around the house much nude but do sleep naked all year round. When it's a bit chilly I have the electric blanket on and the air-con set for the morning so I wake up warm.

This post was edited

hi guy. up here in cold flat land sask, it gets to minus 40 c with out the wind. brrrrrrr , but we are most of the time nude in the house, its what we are used to it seems. mark.

This post was edited

I'm surprised by how many people mention keeping your feet warm as the key to staying comfortable. As a skier, I know that traditional wisdom states that you lose the most body heat through your head. But I've got a pretty good head of hair, and that has never bothered me. I find that when I sleep, I have to keep my feet under the covers and I'm fine, no matter what the room temperature or what I'm wearing (or not wearing). I'll try walking around in just socks and slippers and see how that feels. But I've got a month, maybe two, before I'll have to worry about the temperature in the morning. Thanks for all the advice. I know I'll have more newbie questions for y'all.It's quite true, keep your feet warm.
The human body is a wonderful accomplishment of engineering, including autonomic defenses.
As an attempt at keeping the core temperature up, when heat is being lost too fast, the body shuts down extremities, such as hands and feet, first. Slow, or stop, the heat loss from the least critical parts first.
One can live without hands, and/or feet, but one can not survive long with a frozen liver, or heart, etc.
In any case, it's the extremities that cool first, regardless of what one is wearing, or not wearing, and that's what we're gonna feel first. Fingers and toes.

This post was edited

(45)
A good thick pair of socks is all I have on most of the wintertime. I sometimes wear a hat to answer the front door, then people can't say I'm completely naked.

This post was edited