Being Naked as an Aspect of Concern for the Environment

It seems that one connection to be made with "naturism" (or "nudism" or "living naked" -- whatever you want to what it is that we do when we're not wearing clothes) is a concern for the environment. I'm not sure what other category to put this post into other than "Thing to do nude": but it seems like being naked, caring for one's body, and caring for the earth all just logically flow together ...
Gardening naked, hiking naked, enjoying the beach naked: the only thing that doesn't connect for me is turning up the heat in the winter so I don't have to wear clothes 8-( ... To which I confess: being warm is a bad habit, I guess.
I'd like to hear from others of us who prefer not to wear clothes, and how, for you, it is also a dimension of your growing "green" consciousness.
Naked Badger (green)

This topic was edited
RE: Being Naked as an Aspect of Concern for the Environment

We live without heat / AC, and adjust our dress and activities to suit the ambient temp, naked when it suits us - so nudity is envrionmentally helpful in that sense.
But even bare skin can create environmental pressures. The bay below us is troubled with occasional oil slicks when a tour boat comes in and disgorges its load of snorkelers - because of all the suntan lotion! My nearest nude beach is an hour away; the nearest textile beach five minutes. Where's the environmentally best place to swim?
I'd like to think that nudists are generally less consumer-oriented than textiles, and for that reason have a lower impact - but I'd guess as in most other things, nudists are pretty much a cross-section, at least in the US - the FKK ethos in Europe is another story.

This post was edited

Hey, Steve,
I can believe you when you talk about the problem of the residue of sun tan lotion left on the surface of the water in Hawaii ... It's another real issue ...
When you say the "FKK in Europe" -- what do you mean? Do you find the FKK more environmentally friendly than the average American skinny-dipper?
Badger

This post was edited

Not sure how successful we are, but my sweet wife and I, along with members at our favorite resort at least give lip service to recycling and not wasting as we're nude (more so than at home). I know I'm more thoughtful about my yard clippings and food scraps going into the compost as opposed to the trash.
Gator1 :)

This post was edited

Well, Gator, that's a start, certainly.
Does it come from being Naked at Your Favorite Resort?
Or is it just a matter of being a good citizen generally? (Which is something we naked folk want to be in any case ... )

Badger

This post was edited

I'm kinda surprised nobody's mentioned this one yet.
Being a nudist naturally means wearing no (or at least fewer) clothes. Fewer/no clothes means smaller laundry loads. Smaller laundry loads means less water.

This post was edited