RE: Naked Hiking

I went nude hiking today about 5 miles with nothing but a bottle of water

This post was edited

I think I fund my limit. I tried going for a short hike a couple days ago, noone wanted to join me, they said it was too hot, but I went anyways. I put on sun screen and took off nude into the woods. I felt fine for about the first mile. It was then I noticed how much I was sweating. When your completely nude, it does run off so well, it does not feel thatbad. Well, not too much further in, I had sweat running through my eyes, my shoulders were dripping, my feet were wet in my shoes. I felt like I was in a sauna. I decided it was time to turn back, but I have to walk just as far back, and it is more uphill too. I stopped a couple times, drank my entire water supply and made it back to my car totally drenched in sweat and just plain worn out after just about 3 miles total. It turns out the actual tem was over 105 F. and it was high humidity for us here as well. Hiking in the 90's was no problem at all. I hope it is not over 100 Sunday, I want to go out again.

This post was edited

Yeah that's what I'd like to do.

This post was edited

I bought a good pair of Teva's for the trek down the hill to our nude beach. These also came in handy for our very first naked hiking experience at DeAnza Springs. It's a little tough to keep the tiny rocks out but they are easy enough to slip on and off and usually ... just shaking your foot can dislodge the small stones from your shoe. I love mine and prefer to hike in those as opposed to "hiking boots" because it kinda feels like your barefoot but with some protection. They work for the type of hiking we do ... which is not to venture off the trail much! ; )

This post was edited

Good hiking everybody

This post was edited

At long last managed a short naked hike last weekend. In Scotland the wetaher isn't usually kind enough but I managed an hour or so. Only problem - forgot my ***** camera!!!!

This post was edited

Last monday we did a nice 5 hour naked hike along the coast here in Holland. It was great to do again.
stay naked,Roland

This post was edited

Made it out for another hike in Angeles National forest this morning at 9:40 What a change in weather, it was only 70's when I started and I made it most of the way in without sweating much at all. I got a bit more adventurous and went off the main path a bit. I found a great App for my iPhone. "GPS Hiker" It records the path and maps it for you and records time, distance, and altitude changes. I only did 2.4 miles today, but covered 400 feet vertical of total climb and descent. The paths I have taken have all been easy to follow, but this app can also guide you back to your start point and many other nice features. I hope to get out many more times while the weather permits.

This post was edited

Do to work, I have not had a lot of spare time for hiking however this past Sunday (9/2/12) I was able to get about an hour of nude hiking on the trail above Lake Castaic.
When I arrived at the entrance to the trail, about 5:00 PM, there was a pick-up truck already parked there. Since it had been a while since my last nude hike, I did not want to miss out on this opportunity.
When I hike nude, I normally carry a towel to use as a quick cover-up just in case. About 15 minuets into the hike I passed the other hiker heading out. He had a couple of dogs with him that were running ahead of him, so I had time to put the towel around me before I was in clear view. Obviously he was aware that I was hiking nude, and from his reaction I could probably have stayed nude, but I prefer to err on the side of caution then to take a chance on someone being "offended" by seeing me nude.
After that I was able to continue with my hike without having to worry about coming across any other hikers.
I am sure that one of these days I will come across another hiker and not have time to cover up. As far as I am concerned, it would not be a big deal, I can only hope that the other hiker will feel the same way.

This post was edited

Deep Creek Hot Springs is a good free hike. For those in the So Calif area.

This post was edited