How to tell mostly anyone that your a nudist.

If you have any different tips, post emI have one, just tell them, if they tell you it is wrong, tell them its only wrong because you say its wrong.

This topic was edited
RE: How to tell mostly anyone that your a nudist.

I have settled clues laying around the house, like the AANR book of places to go nude, or a picture of the last nude run I was part of, I have a nother book in a different location of nude body massages, sometimes I wear my skinny dipper t-shirt, so on and so forth, and just leaves their minds open for questions if their curiosity takes the best of them, and so from there I tell them about it...

This post was edited

I will usually mention I'm a skinnydipper. Met one lady in the post office and gave her some information. She mentioned she recently moved to the Carolinas from California. I gave her some website information.
Also when telemarketers call saying we've "won" a hotel stay, I always ask if there's a clothing optional alternative. One yesterday asked if we were "lifestylers" to which I replied, "Heck no! That will get you kicked out of most genuine nudist destintations. I also mentioned that unless it's a skinnydipping desitination, we won't go.
Using the term skinnydip rather than nudist will imply what we truly are to those who are uninitiated/uninformed giving the impression of the innocence our way of living should represent rather than some of the misconceptions.

This post was edited

If the topic of holidays comes up, we just mention that we prefer to get an all over tan. Can't remember anyone ever making any negative comments. Most people then become interested.

This post was edited

When we correspond with prospective farm visitor/volunteers, we start with the fact that our shower is outdoors, and go on to say that we are casual about nudity, inside and out - and then go on to warn them to bring a long-sleeved shirt and long pants to cover up for mosquitoes and sun and rougher work.

This post was edited

I used to think to myself that if anyone seriously wanted to know and they could ask questions without giggling, I would matter-of-factly answer whatever they asked. After two years or so I fully, completely and whole-heartedly believed this was the approach/response to use. I have mostly told co-workers and it was usually on the occasion of a boring overnight shift when we got to talking about "nothing" in particular (pun intended).
If you approach it with a kind heart and a, "Well, here's what I have experienced ..." attitude, you are likely to get a receptive response. If you are still blushing at the thought of explaining a lack of tan lines, it's OK, don't worry, you will get there soon enough (to your status of Social Nudism Ambassador).
~

This post was edited