RE: Making this a real nudist community........

I amguessing it is $45.00USD which once we convert it, it would cost us $69.50NZD multiply that by 2 (one joining fee for me and one for Bronko) it means we would be paying $139.00NZD. And to be honest with me being made redundant back in February and still without a job we just simply can't afford it. Perhaps there could beone fee for couples and another for singles.

Hmmm.....
It seems to me that a two tiered fee structure would do two things. Maybe three. Punish whever has the higher fee, while adding to the administrative overhead, while at the same time, it seems in your case, one paid, and one free account gets you both full access at the cost of only one ?
Perhaps, somewhere down the road, a couple account with unique ID's for each, both tied to the same account, might be possible.

This post was edited
RE: legal issues

They made a material change to the site that allows them to profit off our content (photos). There was not an update to the TOS that takes this into account that we had a choice to accept or not accept (and thus have our photos deleted). The ownership opened the door to a lawsuit, plain and simple. They can't profit off content they don't have copyright to. Not to mention many pics in the galleries are just internet grabs. Lots of copyright issues here. Hope management ran this one by the lawyers first! When money is involved those being infringed upon start to take notice as the punitive damages (tens of thousands) are far easier to get.

Well considering that the owner here paid for this entire site out of HIS pocket for almost a wholeyear, and pays by hits, and number of times that people click on photos, it'll be a long time before he sees any kind of profit... if you don't like him 'making money' or paying for this site by virtue of your pics, DELETE them. Then you won't have any worries. With the new changes, you can't right click and copy every else's pics, leavingYOU OPEN TO LAWSUITS, so a new level of protection has been provided to you for $5 bucks a month....

Getting tired of everyone looking at the glass as being half EMPTY....enough!

S

This post was edited
RE: Truenudists goes the Freemium Route.

How about crediting members for every pic above five, some reasonable figure per month, or year, or whatever, to encourage posting pics. Maybe Rudie would feel better about being compensated in some way, while the site continues to charge the voyuers for the privalege of seeing them ?That way, members who enjoy posting pics could still have a full-access "free" account, by providing inventory for the other "paid" memberships ? Of course, the credit would be limited to new pics per month, or something like that.

Been away for a few days just picked up this thread again. Curt - use of the term 'compensated' is in grave danger of misrepresenting me sweetheart.

The only issue I had with the changes was that there was no prior notification that my pictures would be placed behind a 'pay barrier'. I posted them on the understanding they were 'free to view' - unrestricted - if you noticed all but one were open to everyone. Given the quite major changes to the site, setting those changes up would not have been done overnight so a simple advisory post on the appropriate forum would not have been an arduous task. I do not respond well to being presented with a 'fait accompli' - that is why I pulled my pictures. It is a matter of principle - nothing to do with compensation ... and yes - I still find it ironic that the site hopes to fund itself by selling access to nude pictures.

Rudie
x

This post was edited

Curt - use of the term 'compensated' is in grave danger of misrepresenting me sweetheart.The only issue I had with the changes was that there was no prior notification that my pictures would be placed behind a 'pay barrier'. I posted them on the understanding they were 'free to view' - unrestricted -

Then I appologise for a slight misunderstanding. ( mine, not yours )
I'm partly thinking out loud, partly wondering how *I* might have done it, what *I* might do with it.....
Once again, it appears you and I are much closer to being on the same page.
Not as much what was done, but more the way it was done, as a total surprise, with no notice, no chance to "opt out."
Every successful anything has growing pains. This site no different.
My interpretation of your post, and others, that pics were freely posted with the understanding that they would be freely available.
By extension, had it been known that they would not be free, but would incur charges for viewing then one of two possibilities exist.
One, that they wouldn't be posted at all, a reasonable assumption.
Two, that if the poster was somehow compensated, perhaps by a free account, perhaps in cash, somehow, that at least some would still post photos. That wasn't as much about you, as much as you were the one who triggered the thought.
My interpretation was less an interpretation of your intent, and more what a reasonable possibility might be. It's merely coincidental that it was something in one of your posts that triggered my thoughts.
I've gotten at least one private message over the weekend wherein the messager has interpreted the "new" policy to mean that them who wish to post pics would be charged for the privilage of posting, not viewing. Again, suggesting that it isn't so much what was done, but that the way it was done has caused more confusion and misunderstanding than is warranted, all of which could have been avoided with simple explanations in advance.
Methinks, as I've already posted, that it was done in a small panic, resulting in much confusion, possibly the loss of some good people, and generally a less than desireable result, likely as a simple result of inexperience on part of the site owner/admin.
There are costs involved with any site. Methinks we all can understand that much. Those costs must be paid. We all can understand that. There are ways to create an income to defer costs, we all understand that. ( except, of course, the FSF/RMS crowd, who seem to do enything they can to subvert income at any level, for any purpose, by anyone ) There most certainly are acceptable ways to create income and cover costs. SOME of us understand the route chosen, many do not. A better, advance explanation would have gone a long way to aleviating this whole thread, and perhaps even keeping some of the folks whos profiles have disappeared.

This post was edited

My interpretation of your post, and others, that pics were freely posted with the understanding that they would be freely available.
By extension, had it been known that they would not be free, but would incur charges for viewing then one of two possibilities exist.
One, that they wouldn't be posted at all, a reasonable assumption.
Two, that if the poster was somehow compensated, perhaps by a free account, perhaps in cash, somehow, that at least some would still post photos. That wasn't as much about you, as much as you were the one who triggered the thought.
My interpretation was less an interpretation of your intent, and more what a reasonable possibility might be. It's merely coincidental that it was something in one of your posts that triggered my thoughts.

There is a third possibility - had a courtesy advance warning been given I may (as I have done on other sites that have needed to raise revenue) have left them untouched and even added to them.

Rudie
x

This post was edited

WOW, many great comments here. Now for my 2 cents worth...... I have met many great friends on this site, and I want to thank TT1 for providing the site for free as long as he has..... He did NOT have to set this site up. What right do we have to expect him to pay for this site out of his own pocket for us???? Would it be wrong for TT1 to at least break even???? Seems that there are many ungrateful people here, we all want something for nothing...... Somebody has to pay for this site, why shouldn't it be us??? The ones that are using it????? I agree with Phil, we should all be thankful that TT1 didn't just hit the delete button and shut the site down. He would be within his rights in doing that. As Thomas said, I am here for the friends that I have met, and I enjoy some of the pics, but the main reason I am here is for the friends I have met, and who can put a price on that????

Again TT1, thanks for carrying the load as long as you have........

Steve

This post was edited
Limit bandwidth.

Need to limit bandwith? Limit the amount of pictures a member can post to say maybe 20. Limit the size of the pics to only fit the average screen. Have old forum posts fall off after lack of use or a certain time period. Have old members accounts delete of a period of no use. Problem solved.

This post was edited
Truenudists goes the Freemium Route

I think I am going to go out on a limb here.... the fine folks that run this website are doing an AWESOME job!!! Although initially I was kind of shocked that there was going to be a fee associated with the website, then it occured to me how long I would be able to keep up with a site like this, the upkeep, the policeing, bandwidth, personal time... the list can go on and on... 5 bucks a month for what this site offers is nothing, because all the infomation and friendly people I have met here is PRICELESS!! and if a $5.00 fee is enough to keep one creep away... Job well done!!!
Thanks again for a wonderful site, and giving us a place to meet and talk about things we have in common!! Keep up the good work!!!

This post was edited

I too sometimes buy stuff on ebay, but I can do that without the need for PayPal. I did it before I got a PayPal account and will probably do it again. BTW, PayPal is wholly owned by ebay, so consider your options.

This post was edited

interesting to note that those who mention alternative ways to handle the issues (ways that are not profitable) are banned. Seems the management is out to keep certain facts suppressed.Quote from:sunonmebunz, joined 7/22/09

Even more interesting to note that someone who joined the site just today is aware of which members are no longer here and what their postssaid! I think our friend Ryan from CA is back under a new name.

All of the people who are actually offering alternatives and suggestions are still here. I'm finding that the ones who whined, bitched, moaned, complained, advertised other sites but had nothing at all constructive to say are gone or going. Whether they're leavingof their own volition because they have little tolook at any more or because they're being banned for abusing the site, I say good riddance.

Jen

This post was edited