Is it ok to...?

Is it ok to complement nudists on their naked bodies?

This topic was edited
RE: Is it ok to...?

Is it ok to complement nudists on their naked bodies?
Hmmmmm, I'd go down the path of not being specific just as you would with clothed folks. In others words I always tell some women at work or at the club that they look lovely or magnificent or very attractive today, etc. Even with guys you can keep it general with things like, "You look like you keep in shape." I wouldn't go the route of, "My, your breasts look wonderful." Or, "I love the way you've shaved down there." If you wouldn't say it to someone dressed you probably shouldn't say it nude.

This post was edited

The same social manners and etiquite exist in the nudist world as does the textile world. Don't say anything here that you wouldn't say to someone who's textiled.

S

This post was edited

In a VERY general way, depending on context.
Dangerous territory unless you know someone already. Even then, risky depdnding on how well you know them.

This post was edited

The big problem with a lot of people today is that their heads are so far up their PC a*** they don't know how to take a compliment! Personally I receive them in the spirit they are given and smile.

(I also smile at strangers as they pass by and wish folks a 'Good Morrow' on public streets - it confuses the hell out of most of them)

Love n stuff

Rudie
xx

This post was edited

The big problem with a lot of people today is that their heads are so far up their PC a*** they don't know how to take a compliment! Personally I receive them in the spirit they are given and smile. (I also smile at strangers as they pass by and wish folks a 'Good Morrow' on public streets - it confuses the hell out of most of them) Love n stuff Rudie xx

Lol, Rudie, I do the same - response? UTTER CONFUSION! (Hmmm, if I'm nude at the time, would that be udder confusion?)

Nothing wrong with compliments - who doesn't enjoy receiving them? But again, agree with my husband and many others here, same rules apply textile or nude - for me anyway.

Jen

This post was edited

The big problem with a lot of people today is that their heads are so far up their PC a*** they don't know how to take a compliment! Personally I receive them in the spirit they are given and smile. (I also smile at strangers as they pass by and wish folks a 'Good Morrow' on public streets - it confuses the hell out of most of them) Love n stuff Rudie xx

Lol, Rudie, I do the same - response? UTTER CONFUSION! (Hmmm, if I'm nude at the time, would that be udder confusion?)

Nothing wrong with compliments - who doesn't enjoy receiving them? But again, agree with my husband and many others here, same rules apply textile or nude - for me anyway.

Jen
I also love getting compliments, would think most people would. The key thing here is keeping the compliments non sexual. In this age of sexual harrassment suits some will take it the wrong way.
Here in Texas, a smile and good morning will get the same in return. The only time you get udder confusion is if you are walking through pasture and talk to the cows. LOL

This post was edited

Jen
I also love getting compliments, would think most people would. The key thing here is keeping the compliments non sexual. In this age of sexual harrassment suits some will take it the wrong way.
Here in Texas, a smile and good morning will get the same in return. The only time you get udder confusion is if you are walking through pasture and talk to the cows. LOL

lmao...Tx, you took the words right out of my mouth. Lawsuits scare the hell out of me and while I'm not overly PC I'm VERY careful when it comes to anything remotely sexual. Have seen too many people get canned or sued for some off coloured remark. lol...I really need to get out of the insurance industry, my wife says it's making me paronoid. lol

This post was edited

In a nudist environment, I'd expect folks to be much more like Rudie, and take it in stride, or in the manner intended, but one can never tell.
Stories, like the law suit a few years ago, where two gents at Easter and near the candy dish, one made the comment that he preferred light milk chocolate to dark chocolate. Perfectly innocent. WELL....
The very dark and very over-weight "person of color" in the cubicle behind the wall, overheard and sued for "racial slurs" creating an uncomfortable workplace.
Rediculous ? Of course, but even though he won, at what cost to defend against stupidity ?
Perhaps it's just the head planted firmly where the sun don't shine in the USA, but it must give one pause.

This post was edited

Jen

Hmmm well nude makes it tricky for the compliments like 'lovely top' or 'nice skirt' etc. 'Nice arse' I take as a compliment to be honest ... athough if it is then grabbed I have been known to break an assailants nose. The UK and Europe is not yet quite as litigious as the USA (another good reason for me not to cross the Atlantic) but I do appreciate the fears expressed regarding giving compliments.

Love n stuff
Rudie
x

This post was edited

Jen
Hmmm well nude makes it tricky for the compliments like 'lovely top' or 'nice skirt' etc. 'Nice arse' I take as a compliment to be honest ... athough if it is then grabbed I have been known to break an assailants nose. The UK and Europe is not yet quite as litigious as the USA (another good reason for me not to cross the Atlantic) but I do appreciate the fears expressed regarding giving compliments.

Love n stuff
Rudie
x

Hehe...You wait Rudie, it will come. Lloyds of London has finally allowed womento work inthe building. I think this was done within the last 10 years, but anyways, the underwriters I've dealt with there were the biggest bunch of pigs (lol...in my opinion) that it's only a matter of time before the ladies there get tired of it and sue their arses off. lol

This post was edited